Too many MFP Friends?

How many MFP friends are too many. I have over 100 and I think it might be getting to be to many. I have seen some people that have over 300+. You have to be losing personal touch with over 100+. How many do you have, and how many is the perfect number?

Replies

• I was wondering how many MFP friends I should go for the other day. I think I'd be happy with around 30. I like to keep the personal touch you speak of. I deleted half my 'friends' on facebook because I realised that some of them were no longer relevant to my changing life. Sounds harsh, I know, but I've only got so much time and energy to spread around :)
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    I don't think it is the number but the quality. I don't need someone telling me "good job" for being under my calorie goals when I haven't done so wisely. I need someone that will actually look at my food diary and see if I am keeping my sodium level down; that I am not eating an abundance of processed and fast food. That amount of care and concern can't possibly be achieved when you have in excess of 100 "friends".
  • v2embee
    v2embee Posts: 23 Member
    I take the time to support my friends with genuine care and concern. That means looking through their diaries and providing advice if they ask for it, encouraging and congratulating them on their successes or giving them support when real life issues come up. Not simply just saying "way to go!" whenever something of their's comes up on my newsfeed.

I expect the same in return. If I don't find the relationship mutually beneficial, they'll typically be removed when I clean out my list (every 2 weeks or so). I'd say about 20-30, but it really comes down to quality > quantity.
  • MLZ33
    MLZ33 Posts: 7
    I think I only have around 10-15, but I love it because the people I chat with are super great, and on the same track as me, so if your thinking of getting rid of some fp's I better not be on the list lo!
  • parvati
    parvati Posts: 432 Member
    I used to have a bunch more... But ive deleted a lot of people... Like the people who never log in, or go mia & arent really into health & fitness, the People who i dont chat with or cant relate to i have gotten rid of. I have a great crowd of people right now that are either fit or trying really hard to be, active motivated people & im really have with the "qualtiy" of mfp friends right now... I think its way better than quantity... I have really gotten to know some of my friends on here, they actually are friends & a support system or my go to peeps when i have a question... It depends on what you are looking for i guess& that being said everyone is different, there are definitely some friend collectors on here... Lol, its kinda funny.
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    When I first came on I had loads of friends, but then I noticed different things, I needed different support and I could not give them the support they needed...

So have deleted loads, am under 100, and will keep it that way, when people have not logged on for ages I send them a message and delete them!! So if they do come back, I can add them again xx

It is nothing personal, for me I need to have positive people around me who eat well and do some of the same things I do...

I honestly enjoy the friends I have now, I still feel at 70 something that is still to many.

I have added some people on who have asked, and have also posted messages on their walls, but if they dont message back or comment, I delete them, as for me it is a two way thing, nothing personal...

I do have some friends on my list who say they just like to read my message, that is fine to, as long as they say......... Then I know!!

Ummmmmmm to much of a waffle, sorry about that, to much coffee today xxxxxx
  • Adrenaline_Queen
    Adrenaline_Queen Posts: 626 Member
    Have to say, I dont have time to go through everyone's food diary, nor would I expect them to go through mine, I enjoy the support regarding different training tips and paleo foods... xx

Hence why we are all different and have different ideas, I did try to be supportive regarding diary's but so many people get touchy when you ask why they only ate 700 cals in a day and trained........ Or people who eat pizza and dont see any problem with that, even thought they stick to the numbers of cals they think it is ok to just eat that in a whole day! That of course is their choice and not mine to question.

But that is just in my own personal experience xx BUT if someone did ask me to be honest about their food diary, I would be.. xx

Hope that makes sense ..... Way to much coffee today just seem to be typing and typing xx
  • Cwilliams8676
    Cwilliams8676 Posts: 252 Member
    I used to have a bunch more... But ive deleted a lot of people... Like the people who never log in, or go mia & arent really into health & fitness, the People who i dont chat with or cant relate to i have gotten rid of. I have a great crowd of people right now that are either fit or trying really hard to be, active motivated people & im really have with the "qualtiy" of mfp friends right now... I think its way better than quantity... I have really gotten to know some of my friends on here, they actually are friends & a support system or my go to peeps when i have a question... It depends on what you are looking for i guess& that being said everyone is different, there are definitely some friend collectors on here... Lol, its kinda funny.

This i did that on facebook too lol