Looking for a good vitamin/supplement information website

Options
Anyone know of a good website to read up on vitamins/supplements....like when is the best time to take them...with or without food...etc. Every time I visit my doctor, she says I need to take this or that, but she doesn't go into detail on when...etc. Right now she has me taking a multi, vit D3, vit B12, omega 3 and another one I can't think of right now. Anyhow I'd like to read up more about these and after trying to search the web for the last few hours, I have a headache and tired of just finding sites trying to sell me their crap.

Thanks,
Sherry

Replies

• firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I don't know any website but I take them with food.
    I know omega 3 that one you 're supposed to take with food other wise it will get flush out.
  • seamonkey789
    Options
    Can you call and talk to a nurse? I had issues with my vitamin D and iron. I was put on a Vit D supplement to take with food and a vitamin D diet to follow and an iron supplement I was supposed to take WITHOUT food.

If you have a whole foods near you, there is usually staff in the vitamin section that could probably answer all your questions. I think the vitamin lady at whole foods HATES seeing me coming