I am frustrated!

Options
I mean, in all reality I shouldn't be, I guess today was just one of those days, where I am beating myself up about what I ate >.<

Well I still ate way under my calorie goal.. It's not like I've been trying to do that on purpose, I just haven't been home the past two days.

It is so hard to eat healthy around your friends.... today I had a decent breakfast, but we had run out of fruit and eggs, so I couldn't make what I normally make on a daily basis, so today I struggled, I had cereal, which isn't horrible.. I had to leave at 11 and head to an appointment at the workforce center, I didn't stop anywhere for lunch, because well I am broke.

Right after I left to my bestfriends house, and she was like... well what can you eat so I know what to make you?
I was like it has to be somewhat healthy... and not totally loaded with stuff I don't need.
Well I had some nutella on toast.. white bread, I NEVER eat white bread, but it was all she had, so I didn't want to be picky with it.
We took the dog on a short walk, walked around walmart for about an hour, and went to the humane society for a half hour and walked around.

We went to Subway, I had a 6 inch sweet onion chicken teriaky (bad spelling) on honey oat bread, it was my healthiest choice of the day. She decided she wanted girl scout cookies, she offered, I declined because well I went over on my sugar already with the nutella alone, so I have been pretty dissapointed, and the fact that I didn't get a solid workout in is really bothering me, I almost feel like going out for a run.... but it's midnight, and that just wouldn't be smart.

They were also eating a bunch of candy, and then brought out vodka, and made popcorn, of course I wasn't going to have any of that, so I sat back and just let them do there thing...
I mean they were all born with speedy metabolisms, which is just unfair, if I weighed about 130 I would have enjoyed all of those things,

but even with the LITTLE, i ate today, I still feel guilty and am afraid to step on the scale tommorow, which is really frustrating... so now I'm trying to drink my weight in water.
I know dwelling and obsessing on it is going to drive me crazy, but it's the only way I can actually control myself and stay on track... because when I don't care enough, I don't put in any effort.

Well I guess this was kind of a vent.. it almost makes me want to avoid spending time with friends, because around them... it's hard to eat right. I was originally planning not to hang out with anyone until I got to my goal weight, because I know how they are, but I miss my friends! how do I hang out with them and fight the urge to pig out with them at the same time?!

it shouldn't be so difficult.

Replies

• kleighsamboer
    Options
    Stop feeling guilty!!! Besides you didn't eat enough to feel guilty about. You need to up your calories to at least 1200. Please don't starve yourself thin! I am not saying this to be mean. I am saying it out of concern :) If you aren't going to be home to need to make sure you have food available. whether that means planning ahead or hitting a grocery store.
    Also, if your friends aren't supportive get rid of them. You don't need toxicity in your life whether it be food or people.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Hey - you did really well! Really, really well.

It's tough faking it when they're eating all the popcorn in front of you... I don't even start and if I talk enough about something else nobody notices. :D no point starting... and at my age it's cheese... oh. Cheese, and pesto, and sundried tomatoes and.... drool.

Best not to even get a taste in my mouth. :p

But you know what? At the end of the day, you want your friends. If you have a whoopsie and go up to 2000 all it does is leave you at status quo for a day, it does not kill you, it does you no harm, it might even give you the odd micronutrient you were lacking before.

Don't sweat it. keep count of it, but don't worry about it. Wipe the slate clean every day.

I'm mildy hacked off at myself for yesterday, for what it's worth. I sent the daughter out for some hummus, I ate the whole tub with carrot sticks, not looking at the label.

After I finished, the label was on the bottom of the tub. 500 calories for the 200g I just consumed. Grr. I'm used to it costing me 250cals, which is bad enough.

but heck, they were healthy calories and boy, did I enjoy that sundried tomato and garlic hummus... :)
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I mean they were all born with speedy metabolisms, which is just unfair, if I weighed about 130 I would have enjoyed all of those things,

Does your Profile comment really apply?
    "I want to be healthier,"

I hope you have rid yourself of the teenager mentality that you know it all, and will to do some research on facts.

Because your approach is NOT health by a long shot. Trying to eat at 800 and exercise 2 hrs a day - feel like losing muscle and being thin and flabby, if you can even get there?
    And never getting to have that speedy metabolism because you eat so little and have so little muscle.

They weren't born with speedy metabolism, they just have not suppressed it by under eating like you have.

Right now, you are your own worst enemy.

Put some of the work you are willing to put into losing weight, and actually learn some things so you can do it healthy and better and more long-lasting.
    Unless you want your friends bringing all these great things (minus alcohol) into the hospital when they visit you.

Just use that little Search option up above and search for "Stall" and "plateau" and read the advice of those that got out of it.
    And since you don't know much about metabolism, suggest that search too.
  • Toniithia
    Toniithia Posts: 50 Member
    Options

Does your Profile comment really apply?
    "I want to be healthier,"

I hope you have rid yourself of the teenager mentality that you know it all, and will to do some research on facts.

Because your approach is NOT health by a long shot. Trying to eat at 800 and exercise 2 hrs a day - feel like losing muscle and being thin and flabby, if you can even get there?
    And never getting to have that speedy metabolism because you eat so little and have so little muscle.

They weren't born with speedy metabolism, they just have not suppressed it by under eating like you have.

Right now, you are your own worst enemy.

Put some of the work you are willing to put into losing weight, and actually learn some things so you can do it healthy and better and more long-lasting.
    Unless you want your friends bringing all these great things (minus alcohol) into the hospital when they visit you.

Just use that little Search option up above and search for "Stall" and "plateau" and read the advice of those that got out of it.
    And since you don't know much about metabolism, suggest that search too.

Well, I'm only replying to this, because the past two days, I have not been home barely at all, other than the two hours I worked out for yesterday.

I don't claim anywhere to "know it all" about being healthy.

I've had 2 rocky days, and to be honest you came off like a total prick. I haven't been on this site for a month, and have lost 13 pounds on my own, making healthy choices, and working my *kitten* off.

I have not restricted my calories to 800 a day, that was yesterday and today, not everyday.

Most all of my friends are able to eat whatever they want, and not gain anything, I think I'm allowed to be a little envious when it comes to that.

I worked at Anytime fitness for two years with diet expert Russle Branjord, he taught me alot, maybe I'm not doing what I have learned to a T, but I'm not going to be perfect when it comes to everything.

and YES my profile comment does apply, I do want to be healthier, the past two days haven't been good examples, thing is I quit drinking about a year and a half ago, I would have been eating everything, and not consuming the alcohol, I suppose I should have added that to give you some clarity on what I am doing, which is simply just expressing my frustration about being around friends when you're trying to lose weight, when they've never had trouble with it!

Again, I don't under eat every day of my life, I've eaten fairly healthy, and sometimes, I don't eat healthy, whether it affects my metabolism or not.
  • Toniithia
    Toniithia Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey - you did really well! Really, really well.

It's tough faking it when they're eating all the popcorn in front of you... I don't even start and if I talk enough about something else nobody notices. :D no point starting... and at my age it's cheese... oh. Cheese, and pesto, and sundried tomatoes and.... drool.

Best not to even get a taste in my mouth. :p

But you know what? At the end of the day, you want your friends. If you have a whoopsie and go up to 2000 all it does is leave you at status quo for a day, it does not kill you, it does you no harm, it might even give you the odd micronutrient you were lacking before.

Don't sweat it. keep count of it, but don't worry about it. Wipe the slate clean every day.

I'm mildy hacked off at myself for yesterday, for what it's worth. I sent the daughter out for some hummus, I ate the whole tub with carrot sticks, not looking at the label.

After I finished, the label was on the bottom of the tub. 500 calories for the 200g I just consumed. Grr. I'm used to it costing me 250cals, which is bad enough.

but heck, they were healthy calories and boy, did I enjoy that sundried tomato and garlic hummus... :)

Thankyou, this actually made me laugh, because I've done the sameeeee thing with hummus, where I have sat down... and ate the whole tub,
    and later was like ,
    FML.

I mean, I have NO problem saying no to alcohol.. but when it comes to the goodies like candy, and popcorn, and cookies, it does get overwhelming when you're trying your best to be good! I allow myself to indulge once a week, and well I already did that earlier in the week, so today wasn't my day to do that once again!

I know eating less isn't going to help me, because eventually I'm going to stall like I did two weeks after I first started, which was the only time I did stall, and now I've been losing weight like a breeze.. but I still worry stepping on the scale,

about a week ago I had chipolte, and gained 3 pounds in a day... I was so mad I worked out for 4 hours.

obviously I'm hard on myself, but if I wasn't, I wouldn't have made it this far, and I probably would have given up by now.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 rocky days, and to be honest you came off like a total prick. I haven't been on this site for a month, and have lost 13 pounds on my own, making healthy choices, and working my *kitten* off.

I have not restricted my calories to 800 a day, that was yesterday and today, not everyday.

Most all of my friends are able to eat whatever they want, and not gain anything, I think I'm allowed to be a little envious when it comes to that.

I worked at Anytime fitness for two years with diet expert Russle Branjord, he taught me alot, maybe I'm not doing what I have learned to a T, but I'm not going to be perfect when it comes to everything.

Sorry I misunderstood the envy, understandable, and complaining, misunderstood.

So Russel gets into BMR big time, a whole part of the formula for figuring out the spike days.

Sadly, that weight loss at that little calories and that big of workouts that your Diary notes had can only mean muscle mass.

Re-quaint yourself with Russel theories to at least have a means of raising the metabolism, you are killing it right now if your goals are what you have been doing.

Thinking a chipotle burrito actually added on 4 real pounds just proves you have some misconceptions about how things work.

You probably got close to actually topping off your greatly reduced glucose stores, which of course holds water. Real weight that is needed. If you don't want that kind of weight, might as well cut off an arm and be done with it, same thing.