Squat rack

I'm using kitchen chairs for a squat rack, but concerned about the chairs if I go much higher (it feels like a big 'if' at the moment). I don't have a separate room at home to use, and I don't want to turn our living room into a gym - it looks bad enough already with all the weights lying around. So the question is, do I buy a squat rack that will drive me made to look at? An alternative might be something like this, which if you can't see it is two independent stands which together make a squat rack; easier to tidy away?

http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/bodymax-cf310-heavy-duty-squat-stands.php

Does anyone have any knowledge/experience of these?

(Sorry to anyone who has already seen this post of the NROL4W thread).

Replies

• Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,805 Member
    Only issue with squat stands (what you posted a picture of) is there are no safety catches. I believe there are ways to get out of a squat semi-safely without the catches, but I don't know how personally. Anything is better than kitchen chairs imho.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Another option would be to use the hack squat, or learn how to clean and use the front squat.
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Is a gym not an option?
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    I live in a village and it is quite a trek to the nearest one, and the nearest one isn't actually very good, alas.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    Get the squat stand if you can't afford a power rack or squat rack....LOL at using kitchen chairs, I've never heard that one before.