Replies

• avonchik
    avonchik Posts: 106
    Options
    Yay ,thanks for sharing!!:bigsmile:
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Another tib bit of info, For each extra pound of abdominal fat, adds 10 extra pounds of pressure on your spinal column.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I have almost no pain in my knees anymore. No giving out either. The only time it has really swelled since losing this weight was when I moved. I'm still trying to figure out how to do squats without causing cartilage damage though. If anyone has any ideas on that please let me know.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    That isn't "standing" pressure, that's impact pressure when you step...

and I can now RUN on my treadmill. About 8 years ago, I could not WALK unassisted.

I do take several supplements that are supposed to help my joints, along with sufficient fatty acids.
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    my orthopedic says stair climbers are horrible for the knees. biking and swimming are top exercises.

I've been working out on the stair climber 4-5 days a week since the beginning of Jan and have had no problems at all. It helps that I don't slam my feet down on the steps. Every step is controlled and carefully planted so my calves actually have to work harder. Little to zero knee pain in the past 4 weeks.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    i have awful knees, but guess what?!?! I dont even care any more! I get over it in about 2 minutes when Im at the gym...I am motivated and determined...so lax tendons and rubbing cartiledge be damned...LOL! I did thes steps for an hour today...sreriously after a few minutes you become numb to the whole thing!