Scared to go in the closet? NSV

Italian_mom
Italian_mom Posts: 192 Member
I've been using MFP for a little over 30 days and have lost 10 pounds, before using MFP I had lost about 13 pounds. So 23 lbs, so far. Have you ever went into your closet and tried on a everything and came out looking in the mirror saying this is too tight, or this looks horrible and throw all the clothes on the floor saying I have nothing to wear? Well I did! ALL the time. So the other day, I'm trying on a few shirts and looking in the mirror, and I say to my husband, Does this look too big on me!! I never thought I would be going through my closet looking for things to wear because nothing fit me because it was too big!! So being the wonderful husband that he is, he said why don't you go out and buy you some new clothes. It was so great buying clothes and actually feeling good when I looked in the mirror. Thank you so much to all MFP friends for your words of encouragement and the liitle things I do that you always comment on, I could not and couldn't keep going on without all of you!! I still have a ways to go, but I feel so much better about myself and know that it is only going to get better!!!

Could always use more friends, add me if you'd like, if not, good luck on your weight loss journey!!

Don't wait til tomorrow, start today!!!

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    YAY!!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!
  • bethhyg
    bethhyg Posts: 209
    What a neat little victory today. I too have lost 10 lbs in a months.
  • That's so exciting, great job! I had something similar happen yesterday. I was going out to dinner with a friend and I put on my favorite pair of jeans... but they were too loose! I wore them anyway though, and by the end of the night, they were extremely baggy and kept falling down. It was annoying yet completely awesome. So I know how that feels! Keep up the great work :)
  • lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    greatest feeling ever! Thats happened to me too :D I used to have such a hard time getting dressed because ALL my clothes were too tight and looked horrible. Now everything fits, and there's even a bunch of things that are a bit too baggy now! :D Getting dressed and getting ready in the morning is fun again :D
  • Kksd605
    Kksd605 Posts: 74 Member
    I know how you feel! I've lost over 50lbs and had to buy a whole new wardrobe. Hardest part is spending money on new clothes that I'm not sure how long I will wear. I still have a ways to go.

Good luck and Good Job!
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Hoooooray!!!!
    Speaking of trying on your old "small" stuff, this morning I tried on my "skinny shorts" and they are now my "too big for me shorts." So TODAY I FINALLY know how you feel. :D

GOOOD WORK!! And KEEP IT UP!!!
  • Italian_mom
    Italian_mom Posts: 192 Member
    Thx all!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!