need to start having breafast!!

Options
i am really terrible with eating breakfast but i know i need to increase my calories as weight loss has stopped and this is what a few lovely people from here have advised will eating breakfast help with weight loss??

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Interestingly there was an item in the current issue of runners world magazine. Eating a balanced breakfast helps some people avoid snacking in the morning but ultimately it comes down to total daily intake. If you're not a breakfast person and you're not reaching for something sweet at 10:00AM I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    When I was 336 lbs I rarely ate breakfast.

I know eat breakfast every day, and I've lost over 65 lbs. Now, breakfast isn't the only thing. I exercise a lot, and count calories, but I think it is part of the package.

Plus, if I didn't eat breakfast, I think it would be hard to have the self control I need to eat a healthy lunch.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    - ultimately it comes down to total daily intake. If you're not a breakfast person and you're not reaching for something sweet at 10:00AM I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

^ Bingo.

Not to pimp my own thread, but here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/529002-a-compliation-on-meal-frequency
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    I tend not to eat breakfast on the weekends, at least until late (so maybe by then it's brunch?). However, during the week, since I'm up earlier, I have Chobani Greek Yogurt with a tablespoon of protein powder. Keep me full until lunch.