FitBit

Options
Hello Folks. I have been on a weight loss journey for many months now. About 5 months ago a friend introduced me to MyFitnessPal and I love it. About 2 months ago I added a regular padometer and it has helped me track steps. I am getting better at reaching a healthy step total. Recently I have learned about the FitBit and am wondering what people think? How well does this work with MyFitnessPal? and what are some of the pros and cons?
Thanks for any Input
Tiger

Replies

• dan95130
    dan95130 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My wife and started using fitbit two weeks ago and like it very much. It tracks steps, flights of stairs, activity level, and calories. Once fitbit and MFP are linked the calories for exercise or extra activity above normal burn are credited to MFP as exercise calories. Likewise, data from MFP is transfered to fitbit's web page so you can view their reports also.
    The only short coming is weight data doesn't transfer from MFP to fitbit so it has to be enter manually. Not a big deal and MFP says it will be fixed in a future update. Last weekend there seemed to be a network issue that prevented the fitbit calories from crediting to MFP. It took about a day for it to be resolved and when it was all the data was restored retroactivly.
    I am happy with the purchase. One note, it was cheaper on Amazon than buying it direct.