supplements

Options
Ok….no disrespect to Dr Oz ..However, if he recommends one more supplement for certain body types I’m going to scream…taking quite a few of his recommendations and don’t see any real improvements..What are your thoughts on the subject?

Replies

• NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I only take vitamins for supplements. Dr. Oz is just plain crazy!
  • mallory3411
    mallory3411 Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    The only reason he recommends things on his show is because he gets paid from those companies.

He makes other doctors look bad. I wouldn't waste a cent on anything he recommends.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Paid "celebrity" endorsements are meaningless, it's amazing that people are gullible enough to fall for them.
  • pennysob
    pennysob Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    He does not push one particular brand name..so how would he benefit?
  • Vegetablearian
    Vegetablearian Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I take vitamin D because I like in england and work all daylight hours 5 days a week ...

and I take an iron supplement too
  • lickmybaconcakes
    lickmybaconcakes Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I don't take any, and probably never will unless I have to.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    i speak for myself but in my case i only take suppliment if i think that i'm lacking some nutrition for some particular day. for example, i target to take at least 120 g of protein, if I can't meet the number due to food availability or activity then i take a protein suppliment. likewise for vitamins, i target to eat sufficient vegtables per day but i can't meet achive this then i take a vitamin tablet.

so if your eating well then you don't necessary need to take suppliments.
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    First "Dr. Oz" is a quack the man behind the curtain who gives you a heart to pin on your shirt and tells you there is no place like home. He is being paid to endorse the products he pushes.
    I take only the supplements that I research and are all natural, no synthetics.