Feel faint

So I have started to do interval running on the treadmill. I do 30 sec at a high speed and 30 sec off. After around 20 mins I start to get very light headed and have to stop. This is so frustrating for me as my body wants to keep going.

Has anyone any idea what I can take before or during this? Like a drink or something? I had porridge around 1-2 hours before I began.

Replies

• low blood sugar. I'd eat 1/2 a banana prior to an interval workout--about 30 mins or so before. I had a similar experience 2 days ago--not fun.
  • She nailed it, anytime a client would get lightheaded I'd ask when the last tme they ate was, --it was always more than 4hr before. It also helps regulate your BP, which will skyrocket during your set then drop badly right after and that makes you dizzy.
  • rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    low blood sugar. I'd eat 1/2 a banana prior to an interval workout--about 30 mins or so before. I had a similar experience 2 days ago--not fun.

High blood sugar (hyperglycemia) can have the same effect. Which is also more popular with overweight people. It's good to ask a DR. rather than just eat some sugar.

That being said..I feel weak and shakey if I don't eat and a lot of the time when I work out hard. I should ask a DR. but, haven't.
    It helps me when I keep hydrated, take breaks and of course eat properly. For me, I feel like my muscles are sucking up more blood than my body has to offer.
    For you it sounds like your cardiovascular system is out of shape. Your heart rate sprints, slows down, sprints...it sounds like lack of oxygen in the blood. Do you breathe deep enough? Through your mounth(you should)?
  • rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    I don't know how you transition your speed when slowing down and speeding up but, you may want to try gradually increasing/decreasing your speed too.

I know when I suddenly stop something I get a little jerky. Like slammin on the brakes or hittin the gas.