Joining Weight Watchers today

Options
So today I am joining weight watchers. I have been a MFP member for almost a year and I have teetered back and forth about 5lbs from my original weight. I'm proud of myself for becoming more aware of what I'm eating and I'm definitely working out a lot more, but nothing is budging. I have about 20ish more pounds I want to get off for sure and I'm hoping that weight watchers will help me clean up all those bad habits that still lurk around and hold me more accountable. Does anyone who is doing weight watchers currently have any tips? things they don't like about it? things I should watch out for? I'm excited for this to work because I have some family and a friend who also do it and I'm looking forward to the support from them and to finally meet my goals.

Replies

• PrettyOscar
    PrettyOscar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So today I am joining weight watchers. I have been a MFP member for almost a year and I have teetered back and forth about 5lbs from my original weight. I'm proud of myself for becoming more aware of what I'm eating and I'm definitely working out a lot more, but nothing is budging. I have about 20ish more pounds I want to get off for sure and I'm hoping that weight watchers will help me clean up all those bad habits that still lurk around and hold me more accountable. Does anyone who is doing weight watchers currently have any tips? things they don't like about it? things I should watch out for? I'm excited for this to work because I have some family and a friend who also do it and I'm looking forward to the support from them and to finally meet my goals.
  • lose2cruise
    lose2cruise Posts: 107
    Options
    I did WW online. Started Jan 08 and then quit around February of this year. The E tools are great and they are alot like the tools here except you count points instead of calories, you log in your food just like you do here and you count your exercise and eat the exercise points the same day. You also got weekly points that you could use if you ran out of your daily points. When I joined, there were two plans, Core and Flex. Then in December, they merged the two and came up with Momentum.

If you join online, you can use the message boards, but I warn you if you go to some of them, the members who have been on the plan a while on some of the threads can be pretty snarky. So I wouldn't post any questions until you really get to know the plan. If you ask a question, they will come back and say READ YOUR MATERIALS.

For me, I came here because I needed the accountability. I thought I could do WW without the tools but it is hard and it was getting costly every month and not using the E tools. I just started this site last week and although I've lost a tad, at least I am accountable for what I am putting in my mouth. Plus, here you can see your sodium intake, which to me was shocking. WW doesn't provide that information. Good luck to you on WW. I wish you great success in your weightloss journey.
  • uncommonthread
    Options
    I am a MFP member but my husband is on Weight Watcher's so we are working on this together and even though I track all of the calories instead of just points I am really staying on track for Weight Watcher's. My husband has lost 25 pounds since mid February on Weight Watcher's and I have lost about 19 pounds. The trick in weight watcher's seems to be in the amount of fiber in the food that you eat. And if you really want to lose, never use your excercise points or weekly points. Stick to your daily points target.
  • PrettyOscar
    PrettyOscar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.