just went on an eating binge :(

Options
like no one's ever SEEN before!
i don't know what came over me honestly, but i'm just wondering if this gonna totally throw me off track? i've never ate like that before within like 5 hours lol. i feel horrible now...?

Replies

• TeddyBear47
    TeddyBear47 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I usually fast the following day and double my exercise. that will get rid of most of the binge. If you ate as much as I usually do on a binge, 6 or 7 thousand calories then it can take 4 days. GoodLuck
  • liftingheavy
    liftingheavy Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    This is bad, but was the food good? I'm thinking about a little bingy myself, but I've had a couple/few over the last month so I'm trying to be better. I always cut my calories the next couple of days and I haven't gained weight so far.
  • jessie1480
    jessie1480 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I was soooooo there last weekend. I even drank. It's taken a couple of days, but with lots of water and a balanced diet the 3 1/2 pounds of damage is slowly coming back off. Lots and lots of water.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Learn from it and move on! We all mess up sometimes! go get some hard work out time in over the next couple days it will make you feel better.

You can do this!
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Do NOT fast! I'm sorry, but I don't see that as healthy. It could just throw your body off balance, so, keep calm, exercise as you normally would, and drink plenty of water to flush it through your system.
    Aim for tomorrow to be a wholesome, healthy day. That binge should have satisfied your cravings, that's why it's good to have one cheat meal, or one cheat day a week so that you don't feel like you're missing out on anything.

Tomorrow is another day. A clean, fresh start. Now, smile. Positivity is the key. Everyone makes mistakes, we're only human.
    x
  • Fasting is never the answer. It's not good for the metabolism. Just remember tomorrow is new day. Eat, but eat right!
  • sarahmarie5
    Options
    It's OK. A few binge days is fine. You won't gain weight as long as you get back on track the next day! Good luck!
  • babygurl48
    babygurl48 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't worry about it too much.. We all do that eventually.. Important thing is that u know u went overboard, you admitted it.. I would still log it though to make yourself accountable..Just get back on track the following day, excercise more and drink your alloted 8 glasses of water if not more.. You won't get off track.
  • Woooolywool
    Woooolywool Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Also, it takes over 3,000 kcals on top of what your daily intake is to put on just one pound! So, no worries.
    x
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Spike day :) it will probably do you good if you haven't had a binge for a while and have been on a calorie deficit for some time. Relax :bigsmile:
  • interceptor311
    interceptor311 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    I killed a whole box of frosted mini wheats this am :-(
  • choirgirl1130
    choirgirl1130 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    LISTEN...it's ok! you can get right back on track on your next meal :) don't go overboard restriciting and working out trying to "make up for it". just forgive yourself and move on. we all get off track. JUST GET RIGHT BACK ON :0) you might want to consider what made you go on a binge...stressed, bored, upset about something? its been my experience working in the field that there are emotional issues tied to our eating behaviors. getting to the root of those issues will keep us in check.
    best wishes to you on your journey ;0)
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    Don't fast. It its the worst thing you can do for your bod. Load up on veggies and fruit for the next couple of days. Mostly that and protein if need be. Just a few oz a day, but pile on the veggies and fruit!
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i would still log it and then u can see just how much damage has been done, although it may not been much hunnie
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    You are fine. When you exceed your caloric requirements, you actually increase your fat burning hormones. It may actually help you lose if you get right back on track. I do this on purpose every week.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    don't worry, some people, a lot of people go through it. move on, and you'll get back on track. it's a mind thing
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Workout a little bit. It will make you feel better emotionally.

Starting tomorrow, pretend this binge didn't happen. You can change what already happened. All you can do wake up tomorrow and realize it is a new day with a new set of goals.
  • SeasideOasis
    SeasideOasis Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Workout a little bit. It will make you feel better emotionally.

Starting tomorrow, pretend this binge didn't happen. You cant change what already happened. All you can do wake up tomorrow and realize it is a new day with a new set of goals.
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    you just gave your body a shock. It might rev up your system. If you get back on track and be tough for the next few days ,I venture to say it won't even be an issue. It's gonna happen.... don't fast. just eat really low fat healthy food..oh and exercise a bit more than usual the next couple days, you'll be fine
  • marywanoKC
    marywanoKC Posts: 176
    Options
    Never deprive your body of the fuel it needs, especially if you're working out.

Every second that you're alive is a chance to rectify mistakes that you've made!

Feel guilty?? Go get a tall glass of water and don't set it down until you finish drinking it.

Go look in a mirror, stare yourself in the eyes, and tell yourself that YOU have this. YOU are responsible enough and strong enough to pull yourself out of making bad choices.

Start planning your next healthy meal now. Find something with a lot of protein, and a lot of veggies. Nothing makes you feel better than getting back on track, and punishing your body for your bad choice does nothing but make it harder to stay on track.