Gallbladder Surgery

Options
13»

Replies

• chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    had mine taken out in 08. i know now when i have heartburn, and it's not the gallbladder. mine was so infected, it started falling apart when they were removing it, and i had over 136 stones. some they lost in my body. my doctor kept telling me i had acid re-flux. even a night in the ER with pain so bad i couldn't breath, they sent me home with re-flux meds. i too have to be careful of fatty foods. sometimes it's like a built in ally pill. lol.

good luck
  • icklecyberfairy
    icklecyberfairy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i had mine out last year. I had severe bile reflux which started about 2 months after surgery. I'd cough it up and it caused my gums to blister and bleed. The doc recommended eating a super clean diet for a week (think it was more like 2) with some meds and it sorted itself out. Now i am not on the meds but if i go out drinking, I have to be very careful in what i eat the next day. For me the triggers are alcohol and cheese.

I started having issues after I started dieting.
  • NCTravellingGirl
    NCTravellingGirl Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I had my gallbladder removed 6 years ago. I had gallstones that got stuck to the point of jaundice, so they went in for removal and found my gallbladder to be infected. Since they were already in, they removed it, but I had to stay in the hospital 6 total days making sure the infection didn't spread. Before all that happened, I really only had 2 attacks so it was a shock how quickly it accelerated. I don't like going to doctors so in my case, it was probably good that it got bad fast because who knows how long I would have avoided surgery if it was an option.

Even with my extra weight (I was probably 280 at that point), they were still able to do the laproscopic version so I had three small incision marks under half an inch each. Two of the three I can't even find any more, and one is very minorly visible.

I can share that like others, there were fatty foods that just seemed to go right through me for the first 6 months. Since then, I've had no recurring issues but do still watch the fat to prevent that sudden need to run to the bathroom, haha! Good luck!