I need advice on core exercises

Options
A little about me. I am 47 and I weigh 246. I have low back issues and knee issues. I know I need to strengthen my core to help with my weighloss and build muscle to loose this stomach. I would like to begin with 5 core exercises that will help me get started. Please give me some ideas. It would be helpful if I could print off something to show me how it's done correctley too. Thanks!

Replies

• kirkemorgan
    Options
  • kirkemorgan
    Options
    Planks, bridges, side plank, wood chops, step ups, you can look them up on youtube
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    check out pilates, they have a selection of floor exercises which maybe better for your knees (some of them) and they tend to focus on the core.

My Neuro physio also recommended the bridge and you can find it on Wii fit if you have a Wii, or check out you tube.

I use You Tube to watch what actions are needed for Wii games so I can work out whether I could play or adapt them for me.
  • FIT_Beanie
    Options
    I'm doing the same. Just started on some strength exercises on Friday. Bloody aching like no-ones business!!
    I did planks, squats using a powerbag, squat press ups holding a Vipr and front lunges holding a Vipr.
    I need to think of another one or 2 to add to my list, so I'll be keeping a watch on this thread.
  • Mompanda4
    Mompanda4 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    you can also get an exercise ball and do crunches that is an easy one one the back
  • lms32164
    lms32164 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I also found a great website "sparkpeople" that show you all different exercises you can print. I printed off 3 core, 3 lower body and 3 upper body to work on. They had them for beginners and advanced!!