Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Organizing 5-6 Meals Per Day On MFP

2»

Replies

• Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    I have my food diary organized by the time of day, instead of specif meals. What I use because it works for me:

before 11 AM
    11AM-5PM
    5PM-10PM
    10PM-too late to be eating.

I found this more helpful and log as I go.

When I look back I know when I ate or just about when I ate something, in chronological order.
  • student94
    student94 Posts: 120 Member
    I usually eat first thing in the morning, then a little before noon, then mid-afternoon, then around 7pm, and sometimes add a snack at a random point if I'm hungry for it. I feel like I eat all day long. I log my meals on mpf as:
    one
    two
    three
    four
    other
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    simply:
    meal 1
    meal 2
    meal 3
    meal 4
    meal 5
    meal 6/snacks/desserts
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

2. No Hi-Jacking Topics

Please stay on-topic within a forum topic. Off-topic or derogatory remarks are disrespectful. Please either contribute politely and constructively to a topic, or move on without posting. This includes posts that encourage the drama in a topic to escalate.

The topic of this thread is "Organizing 5-6 Meals Per Day on MFP" and how you set yours up.

Please let us stay on topic.:flowerforyou:

Thank You,

Arewethereyet
    MFP Moderator
  • bellanena
    bellanena Posts: 70 Member
    I organize mine with time frames. I tend to not eat unless it's in the time frame, so it keeps me on better track :)

8AM
    11AM
    1PM
    3PM
    6PM
    9PM

I eat around these times, which is equal to breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack :) Time for breakfast now!!
  • maf66
    maf66 Posts: 211 Member
    I have mine set up as:
    Breakfast
    Snack 1
    Lunch
    Snack 2
    Dinner
    Beverages

I don't always have my snacks though :)
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,247 Member
    Mine is Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner with a Snack column there for a piece of fruit and the milk I use in my tea and coffee.
  • billtonkin
    billtonkin Posts: 109
    Topic:

Breakfast
    10am
    Lunch
    3pm
    Dinner
    9pm

That's how I do mine.

Off Topic thing the OP brought up ((keeps body in anabolic state and helps metabolism work throughout the day): No, that's a myth.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Anyway...

I keep mine as MFP arranged it and, although my snacks may come at any time of day, I just list them under snacks.
  • EricDe90x
    EricDe90x Posts: 51
    I changed mine to:
    Breakfast (300-500 calories)
    Snack (100-250 calories)
    Lunch (300-450 calories)
    Pre-Workout (<125 calories)
    Post-Workout (300-350 calories)
    Dinner (500-600 calories)

I think it'll help to assign a nutritious purpose for my 2nd and 3rd snacks to keep me eating the appropriate foods and prevent binging. And to reach my calorie goal (I'm trying to gain weight), I can just add to 'Snack' after dinner.