Skreetching HALT!!!

Options
:explode:
after more than 30 days of steady weight loss I have dropped 15 pounds and then nothing. and I mean the big nothing. I have increased calories, decreased calories, upped my workouts, lowered my work outs changed them up to work different muscles, done them at different times of days, add some fat, took some fat away. and arrrrrrggggg. I am stuck at 205 for the last 8 days. I need 6 more pounds in 12 more days to make the valentines challenge, and I was rolling along at about a half pound a day ish, and then BAM. a wall. a third of the way through my hundred day journey. I don't want this first major challenge to make me bend. when I increased cals it was bay a few hundred and then only the right food. no candy, no booze, no empty calories. extra fat mostly. like baked cheese for chips and some salsa. an extra piece of meat. a little butter on my veggies. I have 65 days left of the journey and would like to succeed all the way to the end. any ideas I haven't thought of? I upped my workouts to increase by another hundred cals burned a day, I could maybe find time for another 100. I eat between 1000 and 1400 everyday. and it includes all my fruits veggies, proteins and carbs, plus a multi. I am really angry. :mad: and could use a few hints. thanks RJ

Replies

• flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    :explode:
    after more than 30 days of steady weight loss I have dropped 15 pounds and then nothing. and I mean the big nothing. I have increased calories, decreased calories, upped my workouts, lowered my work outs changed them up to work different muscles, done them at different times of days, add some fat, took some fat away. and arrrrrrggggg. I am stuck at 205 for the last 8 days. I need 6 more pounds in 12 more days to make the valentines challenge, and I was rolling along at about a half pound a day ish, and then BAM. a wall. a third of the way through my hundred day journey. I don't want this first major challenge to make me bend. when I increased cals it was bay a few hundred and then only the right food. no candy, no booze, no empty calories. extra fat mostly. like baked cheese for chips and some salsa. an extra piece of meat. a little butter on my veggies. I have 65 days left of the journey and would like to succeed all the way to the end. any ideas I haven't thought of? I upped my workouts to increase by another hundred cals burned a day, I could maybe find time for another 100. I eat between 1000 and 1400 everyday. and it includes all my fruits veggies, proteins and carbs, plus a multi. I am really angry. :mad: and could use a few hints. thanks RJ
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Did you increase and decrease all in 8 days? You have to stick with one or the other for much longer than that to see any results. Losing a half a pound a day is VERY fast weight loss. You can only go on like that for so long, because weight loss isn't linear, and it's not just calories in vs. calories out. Don't forget that you have hormones, and they ultimately regulate how much you will gain or lose. Goals shouldn't be rigid barriers to your happiness, they should be flexible points at which to celebrate your success. Change it if you need to, there's no reason to race through this.
  • flachix
    Options
    laugh, yes, I tried all of those mentioned. a couple days here, there, just anything to shake it up. I am not racing through it, well, I guess I am, because of the 100 limit. I want to see how far, how fast. for just those hundred. then I will take a small break, regroup, read my journal and see what the next plan of attack is. I knew it would slow, but I was hoping to be under 200 when it did. :smile: now, which should I do next? and for how long? keeping in mind I want to lose 5 pounds in 12 days. :drinker: then we will look at the next challenge.
  • MALU6886
    Options
    don't get frustrated! i am on halt too. since a week or so two stubborn lbs jump back and forth:grumble:i still have 52 lbs ahead . on the end its just for yourself . and we are all big losers here:happy:
    you still gonna make it . water increase can help you too to turn on your metabolism , did you know that. i wish you best of luck:flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I plateau about every 10 lbs. You may need to adjust calories and increase your exercise, for about 2 weeks. Your body just woke up and said heyyyyy, wait a minute, where's all my cushion and stuff.

This is one of those times that you have to reevaluate what you are doing and push your body to go to the next step, you will have to do this several times in your journey. Picture that you are teetering on a very high steep mountain and you have three choices

1. stay where you are at and do nothing
    2. fall backwards
    3. continue over the hill and gain momentum

I am serious, every stinking 10 lbs and the emergency brake goes on, it ticks me off but I know what I have to do........:wink:
  • flachix
    Options
    so, adjust calories which way? up or down? I have increased my exercise a bit, from 500 cals burned to approx 700 burned. I will try to increase to 1000 burned a day. do I need to take my food down? I eat between 12-1400. 1200 - the 500 deficite has given me the results so far, but now, I have done everything I can think of but only for a day or two at a time. you think it needs two weeks? yikes. that will make it 3 weeks at the same weight. :grumble: there has been no gain, just no loss. at all. for a week. I need to keep a good head about it I know. but if something doesn't happen soon, I will be lobbing rocks off the top of this hill. :mad:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    so, adjust calories which way? up or down? I have increased my exercise a bit, from 500 cals burned to approx 700 burned. I will try to increase to 1000 burned a day. do I need to take my food down? I eat between 12-1400. 1200 - the 500 deficite has given me the results so far, but now, I have done everything I can think of but only for a day or two at a time. you think it needs two weeks? yikes. that will make it 3 weeks at the same weight. :grumble: there has been no gain, just no loss. at all. for a week. I need to keep a good head about it I know. but if something doesn't happen soon, I will be lobbing rocks off the top of this hill. :mad:

I know it can be frustrating, but yea, it does take weeks. Many people look at fat loss as a daily or weekly cycle, but it needs to be thought of as a monthly or YEARLY one. I lose about a lb a *month*, which is way down from 5 lbs a month that I was losing a year ago. You really can't go any lower with your calories, and you certainly can't decrease them every time you stall, or you'll be on your way to 0 calories in no time :laugh: . Bump them up, change your ratios, and wait a few weeks. Don't forget that your body is designed to *store*, not lose, and your metabolism will change with your hormone levels, muscle levels, and caloric intake.
  • beanyspoon
    Options
    If you are increasing your excersise, then you may have gained more muscle and burned more fat. Muscle weighs more than fat.

You're doing really well so far, and I'm sure things will sort themselves out!
  • flachix
    Options
    Thanks, I knew it would slow down, but I didn't know it would just stop. 40 days and 15 pounds ok, I guess, but its been 10 days without a nudge. maybe I am forgetting to log stuff. I do try to be so careful, but....plus I am menopausal, or pre menopausal or what ever it is you call all the mood swings, hot flashes AND STILL get girl week. life is grand. :explode: just feeling all sorry for myself. and need to vent. I am eating all my calories. so, I will be extra careful. thanks for the encouragement. :drinker: