Do you believe in "sloppy seconds"?

Options
Do you believe that if a person gets with someone right after they've been broken up with, do you believe in the whole "sloppy seconds" thing?

Replies

• Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I don't believe how it's phrased. However, if you're getting with someone straight after a breakup, you aren't getting everything they can offer for a serious relationship. In a rebound people are not emotionally available. You're getting someone who has yet to find themselves again.

If you're not seeking anything serious, it's a different story. I don't refer to anyone as seconds, it's plain disrespectful.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I think Sloppy Seconds is supposed to be taken literally....when someone gets some Tang directly after someone else.

The relationship scenario you've posted is called a Rebound.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I believe in secondary rebounding slop.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    How many seconds we talking bout?
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I think Sloppy Seconds is supposed to be taken literally....when someone gets some Tang directly after someone else.

The relationship scenario you've posted is called a Rebound.
    This would be correct.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    It's only "sloppy seconds" if you haven't showered in between.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    It's only "sloppy seconds" if you haven't showered in between.
    Yum.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I think most people move on after a relationship way too fast = sloppy.
  • Trail_Addict
    Trail_Addict Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    It's only "sloppy seconds" if someone is getting their chocolate in someone else's peanut butter.
  • SwannySez
    Options
    It's only "sloppy seconds" if someone is getting their chocolate in someone else's peanut butter.

That right there is a recipe for a nasty UTI.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

But that's how Reese's peanut butter cups were invented. How can that be wrong?
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    Sloppy seconds is only sloppy if a baker injected cream filling and another baker came along and injected his own into the same donut hole. Like a Boston double cream pie.
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Sloppy seconds is only sloppy if a baker injected cream filling and another baker came along and injected his own into the same donut hole. Like a Boston double cream pie.
    Hahahahahaha! Sooo wrong but sooooo funny! lol
  • luhluhlaura
    luhluhlaura Posts: 278 Member
    Options

That right there is a recipe for a nasty UTI.

True dat
  • OSC_ESD
    OSC_ESD Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    When you describe it as " Sloppy Seconds " ... nonetheless a rebound issue ... I think it smells like disaster before it even begins ! The only time there is a rebound ... is if your not over the first person.

My advice ... Spend some time getting to know yourself first ... and get over the last one before looking for the next one !

Just my opinion. I never was one for " sloppy " anything ! :wink:
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options

Thank you good sir for killing my craving for doughnuts, though having a kid throw a half-eaten one at me earlier was about as good.

But yeah to echo, sloppy seconds is pretty much sex related, though I know some guys think of hooking up with a girl their friend was with (one night stand/casual dating, not serious) as sloppy seconds. If it was a serious relationship, that's rebound. Not serious/just for sex then it's up for debate depending on timing.
  • maletac
    maletac Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    if my soldiers are fighting some one elses soldiers for entry to the gate... then thats nasty....
  • SwannySez
    Options
    if my soldiers are fighting some one elses soldiers for entry to the gate... then thats nasty....

There's a gate? I have been doing this all wrong.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options

There's a gate? I have been doing this all wrong.

Yeah I was thinking the same. Are you sure you aren't hitting the belly button by mistake?
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    omg his thread is making me laugh so hard i am crying
This discussion has been closed.