having a hard time....advice needed!

Options
I have been really focusing on eating healthy and working out more so than i normally do. (i usually am pretty healthy for the most part) i am trying not to elimiate carbs or sugars completely out of my diet, i never feel good when i do that, always sluggish and constant headache. i havent lost any weight and am having a hard time keeping my chin up and not being hard on myself. the goal was to be down 10 lbs by middle of april. now thats only 3 weeks away and i am not closer to my goal than i was two weeks ago. advice needed and wanted. thanks!

Replies

• PitBullMom_Liz
    PitBullMom_Liz Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    First of all, you look fantastic. Second, I've always heard/read that when you only have a small amount to lose it's a much slower process.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Are you tracking your food, counting calories, working out consistently?
  • jmach002
    jmach002 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    yeah i am. work out 3-4 times a weeks cardio and weights track calories most days (date nights are hard to track)
  • BigDfromNJ
    BigDfromNJ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Have you taken your measurements before and now? If you are working out and doing some weight lifting, you may be adding muscle which weighs more that fat, so you may be losing inches while weighing the same on a scale. Instead of making a goal of 10 lbs, make a goal to enter a 5K for a charity in April or May. That will give you something to workout for and a feeling of helping others too. I think you'll find you will lose the weight without realizing it happened because you'll be too busy focusing on your 5K goal! :smile:
  • jmach002
    Options
    @pitbullmom thank you! but i dont feel as fantastic as i want to.
  • cambonesian
    Options
    what is your meal schedule like? You might not be eating enough. don't starve yourself now. also change it up little like different activities and also your food. Alternate carb. day and protein day to kick start your metabolism.

Plus you look great already. pitbullmom is right.

you can do girl!
  • jmach002
    Options
    i typically eat 5-6 times a day 200-300 calories a meal typically
  • jmach002
    Options
    been taking measurement too. not a single inch or half inch or quarter inch lost :-(
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    if you open up your diary people can probably offer you a lot more help. it's hard to give advice if we don't know whether you are eating healthy meals all day or 6 snickers bars.

Edited to add that I re-read your original post, haha :) You are trying to eat healthy. What does the date night thing mean? Overeating? Drinking? You've got to do your best to log it. You could really be sabotaging yourself there.
  • jmach002
    Options
    im pretty sure that my diary is open to public view. i am typically healthy although i do know that this week was not a good week for me nutrition wise.