Ran my first 5K!

Options
amdahwd
amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
I am so excited that I ran my first 5K this morning - the Leprechaunathon. Finished it in 44 minutes. Was really happy with that since I have never been an athletic person in my whole life and I did not really know how to train for it.

Did it with a cousin who is also losing weight (me - 25, her 50) and getting healthy. To remember it and reward ourselves, we got matching shamrock tattoos.

Replies

• teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    thats awesome! i ran my first 5k last may and my "supposed" cheerleading team left the race cause they were bored waiting for me... (husband and daughter)...

lol

glad you had a cousin to run with! it feels great to do it doesnt it!

i took sick in november 11 with E Coli and so am training again for another 5k.. i'm up to 2k so far... its frustrating to start all over but i LOVE crossing the finish line!
  • DaRealMcKoy
    DaRealMcKoy Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I am so excited that I ran my first 5K this morning - the Leprechaunathon. Finished it in 44 minutes. Was really happy with that since I have never been an athletic person in my whole life and I did not really know how to train for it.

Did it with a cousin who is also losing weight (me - 25, her 50) and getting healthy. To remember it and reward ourselves, we got matching shamrock tattoos.
    That is amazing!!! You go girl! I'm doing my first 5k next weekend :)
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Love the shamrock tattoo idea.

Congratulations!
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You'll get addicted soon! ; )
  • Grimlock69
    Grimlock69 Posts: 197
    Options
    I'm proud of you!
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
  • maybethistime70
    Options
    Love the shamrock tattoo idea.

Congratulations!

THIS!!!!
  • kweel78
    kweel78 Posts: 19
    Options
    WAY TO GO! You should be so proud of yourself :-)
  • mjkayla2
    mjkayla2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Wow congratulations. I'm training for my first one. I should be done with trining by April. But the race that I'm targeting is in July. I may get my courage up before then. Keep up the good work.
  • Canuckgirl77
    Canuckgirl77 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! I've always hated running, but I really want to try to get into it.
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Well done :)
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options

That is amazing!!! You go girl! I'm doing my first 5k next weekend :)

I'm running mine next weekend, too! And scared out of my ghourd. I know I"ll be slow but I'll finish!
  • bisland
    bisland Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Awsome job. I just finished c25k and it is my goal to do a 5 K in July
  • dlw13
    dlw13 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Nothing like the first one. Perhaps this will be the first of many. Cheers!
  • scasteel
    scasteel Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • BrnIdGirl
    BrnIdGirl Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Awesome for you.

I ran (well I should say walked...lol) my first 5K Obstacle course (I have done 2 prior plain 5ks before) this morning. It was really fun and I can't wait to do it again.

I had a really awesome friend do it with me and she went every step with me even insuring that I didn't finish last (she did just so I could say I beat someone). :blushing:
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!! I ran my first one last Oct and am hoping to run a couple this year :) love the tattoo idea!! Great way to remember the huge accomplishment!!
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options

I'm so excited for you!!! That is so cool!

Tattoo, huh? Okay, I've never finished a 5K and rushed to the tattoo parlor, but hey we all celebrate our achievements in different ways, and come to think of it, I may just have to try your way and see if I like it! Not a shamrock kind of guy, though. So I'll have to pick my tattoo race wisely. Hhhmmm... Maybe a turkey trot? Or a pumpkin run. I gotta think about this.

Anyway, you rock! Congratulations, and thanks for sharing!
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!