14 Worst Health trends of 2011

Options
I found this to be a great article and wanted to share.

What do you think?

http://www.livestrong.com/blog/blog/the-14-worst-health-trends-2011-2/

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • PeaceCorpsKat
    PeaceCorpsKat Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Nope sorry... I LOVE my shake wieght :)
  • mrsladybrewer
    mrsladybrewer Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Really??

"The United States Congress tried to declare in November that frozen pizza qualifies as a vegetable. The reason had nothing to do with nutrition: It was a financial decision that related to foods in schools (and an attempt to avoid upsetting large food companies)."
  • scottc561
    scottc561 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Really??

"The United States Congress tried to declare in November that frozen pizza qualifies as a vegetable. The reason had nothing to do with nutrition: It was a financial decision that related to foods in schools (and an attempt to avoid upsetting large food companies)."

And on top of that the government is forcing schools to now force certain foods onto kids. All they do is take it and throw it away in the trash if they dont like it. But the schools have the extra cost of all this new required food that is mandatory. Big government is great isn't it?
  • MeowserKitty
    Options
    The Donut Diet, haha. Sickening. :)
  • mrsladybrewer
    mrsladybrewer Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Right? this was invented by nutritionists? 12 weeks of nothing but water and donuts. And more than 2 dozen a day, to boot. I want to know how many people actually attempted this.

And this “If you want to loose some flab in 2011, the All Donut Diet is the way to go,” said Jillian Michaels, the celebrity trainer on NBC’s The Biggest Loser. “Next season, we’re making sure all of our contestants follow it.” I have a very hard time believing she actually said this, in a serious manner.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Good list! Especially the supplements one. Seems like there are tons of them on the market now, most of which do nothing at all.