potato chips

Options

Replies

• TwtyMami35
    Options
    I have to agree with Bookyeti. If you are following your plan of exercise and healthy eating, there is no reason that you cannot have a small bag of your fave chips on a cheat day. I do love PopChips as an alternative. My weakness is Snyder's Buffalo Hot Wings Pretzels. Love them! I eat 1 serving once in awhile as a treat for going hard. Before I buckled down and got serious about weightloss, I could eat an entire bag. The sodium is ridiculous. Don't punish yourself, treat yourself.
  • aamon17
    aamon17 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I eat chips. Period. No ill effects.
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    try special K cracker chips.....extremely good and only 110 calories....

^^^^^THIS^^^^^ they are great for us chipaholics!!
  • litatura
    litatura Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I agree with Pop Chips - they are so good! I actually like them better than regular potato chips!
  • Pifflesmom
    Pifflesmom Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, the salty chip fairy visits regularly...but I've found that the low salt variations are very good, and if you want a dip, grab some yougurt, throw in some spices and there you have it...:bigsmile:
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    If I have to have chips....I get the UTZ 1oz bags at Dollar General.
  • reggiepe
    reggiepe Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I have a serious addiction to potato chips. I could never eat just one. I have found that the Special K Cracker chips are very satisfying as a crunch salty snack. They fit in real well with my caloric intake.
  • Kissybiz
    Kissybiz Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I'm a recovering chip-o-holic... I went three months without anything, and the other night I just had a hankering for some.. so I got a snack bag of Kettle Jalepeno potato chips and a beer... but only after a seriously hard workout so that I could log it without guilt. I figure if I'm gonna have it, I'm gonna have what I want.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    After watching Dr. Oz's show one day on snacks, I took his suggestion and tried Blue Potato chips. The only brand I could find was Terra. They are really good and I like them better than regular potato chips now. Also, they don't seem as oily as regular chips :smile:

http://www.terrachips.com/our-chips/exotic-potato-chips/72822967901

Loved their sweet potato chips...until I found out they have 11 grams of fat per serving. SIGH! The best stuff is always not good for me.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Somebody gave me a recipe for kale chips when I was pregnant and I won't eat anything else now. They're super easy to make and super delish!
  • sandy2006
    sandy2006 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I eat UTZ no salt chips. Love them!
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    LOVE Stacy's pita chips
  • SPBROOKS68
    SPBROOKS68 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Can you share the Kale potato chip recipe please?
  • mrselanco2268
    mrselanco2268 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I was out to lunch earlier with my hubby and I ordered a grilled chicken wrap with veggies and they gave me a lot of potato chips on the side. I ate 6 and then had the server take them away. Now this evening I had a serving of bbq pringles so that I could use up some of my calories. I had 215 calories leftover and still have a few after eating the chips. It is my bed time and I am pretty full right now so I can really do without them. My weakness has been fries. I try to steer faraway from them.
  • missdabby
    missdabby Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno Pop Chips are sooo good...just wish they had more Fiber

1610854.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I like Pringles Light (70 cals, 0 g fat per 15 pringles), Trader Joe's Everything Pretzel Thins (110 cals, 1 g fat per 23 pretzels), Kame Cheddar Rice Crackers (110 cals, 2 g fat per 16 crackers), among some of the other ones that have been listed :)
  • biddy249
    biddy249 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Have not had a chip in 60 days, one of the best things I cut our of my diet.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    LOVE Stacy's pita chips

Gah I LOVE Stacy's pita chips too. And the Everything Bagel Chips. I like eating them with hummus or garden vegetable cream cheese. Those are seriously my biggest food addictions. I've stopped buying them because I have a hard time not snarfing down the whole bag. :blushing:
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Options
    i stopped eating most potato chips back in High School. They were just too greasy and wiping my hands on my jeans meant I had to wash them more often. Plus THAT much grease sorta grossed me out. It's a phobia I've kept over the years.

Oddly enough I don't mind home-made "potato chips" which are simply potato slices I saute in butter then drain. Things are DELICIOUS.

I also do enjoy Baked Lays. No disgusting grease and about half the calories. I think one bag is like 170 calories.
  • steelerwheeler
    Options
    Quaker rice cakes in the sweet chili flavor or the sea salt and pepper flavor are yummy and you can have 16-18 of them for 130 calories.