Fruit

I know eating 3 fruit a day is a must for your diet. I noticed on the website, sugar is very high. Should we continue eating fruit?

Replies

• katie133
    katie133 Posts: 210 Member
    A fruit never made anyone fat!
  • 967_1111
    967_1111 Posts: 221 Member
    Lots of fruit choices with less sugar than others. The benefits in fruit are many. Keep it inside your calorie goals and you'll be fine.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    I don't worry about sugars from fruits... Like Katie said no one got fat eating fruit!
  • Sugars are still sugars so make safer choices and try to have them earlier in the day so your body has a chance to burn that off before bed : )
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Don't fear the fruit!

Today I ate: cherries, 3 berry mix (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries), mango and 1.5 bananas ... divided between 2 fruit smoothies.

That said, I have no issues with being diabetic so I don't have to keep diligent track of my sugars.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    I know eating 3 fruit a day is a must for your diet. I noticed on the website, sugar is very high. Should we continue eating fruit?
    Sugar is irrelevant for weight loss, unless you happen to have an insulin resistance issue.
  • fearie_jae
    fearie_jae Posts: 107 Member
    I'm actually eating a bowl of cut up watermelon and strawberries as we speak as my after dinner dessert :)
  • SuffolkSally
    SuffolkSally Posts: 964 Member
    Think you just have to count the calories
  • shell3986
    shell3986 Posts: 98
    Fruit is natural and good for you and has so many benefits! The only way you're going to get fat from fruit is, like with anything else, from eating too much of it and going over your daily amount of calories.
  • pdworkman
    pdworkman Posts: 1,342 Member
    When I could eat dates, I found that eating too many would make me gain weight. They're very high in calories!

Also, I be I could gain weight on avocados.

But most fruit, you're okay with. Don't worry too much about the sugar content.
    A fruit never made anyone fat!
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    :smile: I was told to limit my tropical fruit ...as high in sugur ...but i do watch my sugur , not diabetic ( yet ) ...working on not to be ,:happy:
  • Eat your fruit in the morning, so you have the rest of the day to burn off the sugar/carbs. eat protein/vege's in evening. :)
  • natachan
    natachan Posts: 149
    Unless you have a health condition that requires that you track sugars, don't worry about it. Natural sugars from fruit don't provide any problems for you.