New to MFP and looking for support

spunkiemunkie503
spunkiemunkie503 Posts: 66
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
:flowerforyou: I am new to MFP however, I have struggled with weight loss for about 10 years now. I have been successful in the past with WW but once I would loses 30 lbs or so hit a platuea and get frustrated. My last attempt at losing with WW while attending meetings was 1/08 and I lost 27lbs. I have kept 17 of those horrible pounds off. I have realized that I want this now more than ever and I need support that I dont get @ home, so I am reaching out for a few good buddies. :) Being a mom of three makes it hard to find time for me, but I am finally putting my foot down. I deserve this and I am going to make it happen. So please if you can share your enthusiasm and support I would greatly appreciate it!

Replies

• :flowerforyou: I am new to MFP however, I have struggled with weight loss for about 10 years now. I have been successful in the past with WW but once I would loses 30 lbs or so hit a platuea and get frustrated. My last attempt at losing with WW while attending meetings was 1/08 and I lost 27lbs. I have kept 17 of those horrible pounds off. I have realized that I want this now more than ever and I need support that I dont get @ home, so I am reaching out for a few good buddies. :) Being a mom of three makes it hard to find time for me, but I am finally putting my foot down. I deserve this and I am going to make it happen. So please if you can share your enthusiasm and support I would greatly appreciate it!
  • angel1face
    angel1face Posts: 110
    :smile: :smile: welcome to the site you will find lots of great suport here:smile::smile:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Yay to you for putting yourself first! And welcome to MPF! I am sure you will find a ton of verbal support here! MPF'ers are really good at putting things that are improtant into perspective and to remind you that you are just as important at your family!

Stay with it, and stay focused! WELCOME!

Ileana
  • vmkirby
    vmkirby Posts: 23
    You can do it! If you need motivation, just look at your kids. You want to be there to see them graduate high school, get married, etc. Lose weight to be healthy. :heart: I know how hard it is to stay motivated. I tried WW a few times and just couldn't keep it up. They were too nice. haha I am hoping that I can finally get down to my goal weight and stay there.
  • Thank you all for your words and support. It really does make a difference to know someone is rooting for you! Thanks again!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.