Eating the best part of the day

Options
I wanted to know if that how anyone else. Other then eating i just don't do much. I was really able to go and hang out during my tween/teen years. I would just goto the kitchen and eat sense there was much to do. So now I'm almost 19 i guess just don't really know how. I guess I need to make that effort to start going out.

Replies

• usedasbrandnew
    usedasbrandnew Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. I don't understand your question...?
  • tania2287
    tania2287 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    at your age you need interest..Me being a mother makes life very busy with kids. I have their after school activities and me work then l have exercise and my interest too that does make life very busy. But being 19 l would say you need to get interested in things. Like activities like rock climbing, horseriding, swimming, sports, gardening, walking a dog if you have one. Meeting up with friends for coffee then a walk along the beach.
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Take up tertiary education!
  • ajkebluegirl
    ajkebluegirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies. I'm sorry that it was not very clear. All I was saying that because of of a lack of social life I feel that eating is the best part of the day. So that is really the only time I am excited and it makes me want to eat more. I was wondering if other people feel the same way. I think swimming is a great idea I going to make the extra effort to get to the pool.
  • chachadiva150
    chachadiva150 Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Do you have a hard time making friends?

At 19, you should have school, sports, clubs, groups, volunteer work, etc to keep you involved in life. Food is one of life's pleasures, but you should make an effort to expand your borders. :) Have you tried meetup dot com? It's a great, low commitment way to get out of the house, meet new people and try new things. You sign up for a group based on your interests. If they have a meet up activity that sounds interesting, you go. If you don't like it, you don't go back. No commitment at all.
  • ajkebluegirl
    ajkebluegirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    This is the first time I've heard of the website but it seems cool so I will try it out. I would say that I have social anxiety but it has gotten much better year. Going out more and getting back to activities would be the next step. I am currently in college.
  • zkjmum
    zkjmum Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I used to feel that way during the period of time between leaving school and meeting my (now ex) husband. I was working full-time but was pretty bored and lonely otherwise. I've never been one to make friends easily. I'd go to work between 6am and 3pm, then eat the afternoon/evening away. I don't think the lack of social life was my only problem though, I was also at a loss about what I wanted to do with my life, which made me feel miserable.

My suggestion is to get to know yourself a bit better. Remove weight as an issue and think about what you're passionate about, be it a hobby or career choice, you need to be spending time doing things that make you happy. Achieving goals in career or hobby activities will give you a bit of a confidence boost and soon you'll realise you can achieve anything, even weight loss, if you want it badly enough.