going to Trader Joe's! Need suggestions!

librarygirl
librarygirl Posts: 182 Member
edited September 19 in Chit-Chat
My boyfriend and I are thinking of going to the US this weekend (we live in Canada) and I really want to go to Trader Joe's! I've seen so many people talk about it and I want to go and shop. What are your favourites? I know that pop chips are on my list....

Replies

• librarygirl
    My boyfriend and I are thinking of going to the US this weekend (we live in Canada) and I really want to go to Trader Joe's! I've seen so many people talk about it and I want to go and shop. What are your favourites? I know that pop chips are on my list....
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    I love so many things there. Their pita chips are great and I also love the Orange Chicken. And my husband swears by their corn tortillas. They're the best!

Also, check out their simmer sauces. They use to make a mojito one that I used with shrimp. It was delicious. Not sure if they carry it any more, but they have other simmer sauces available (the picatta one is good!).

You missed the chocolate covered candy cane jojos. But that's probably a good thing! :wink:
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Fage
    Cilantro and Chive Yogurt Dip, AMAZING
    Mini whole wheat pitas to dip in above dip
    Almond snack packs
    Ginger chews, my favorite candy in the world but not for wimps, lol
    Their dry cereals are awesome if you eat cereal, I use it as a garnish for yogurt sometimes
    Sunflower nut butter is SO yummy and low sodium, high protein

Oh, I didn't check the label yet but I bought the kids soy and flaxseed chips, to eat with salsa and they loved them!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    I agree, the simmer sauces are great!

I love the peach salsa, the sour cream and onion rice crisps, the "popped potato chips"(both the bbq and regular, the already popped kettle corn (near the chips), the muffins, the breads and rolls, hummus, soba noodle salad.

I love their cranberry oatmeal, the organic raisin bran clusters and the 9 whole grain crunch cereal.

Frozen, I like the corn and black bean enchiladas, roasted veggie enchiladas, spearian risotto, pasta medley, gnocchi sorrentina, breaded chicken breast tenderloins and french toast.

I also like their pomegranate greek yogurt.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    wat is trader joes
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Orange Chicken (my kids love it)
    Thai Joe's - Prig Khing Green Beans
    Egg white salad (all flavors are good)
  • arosewalker
    arosewalker Posts: 4 Member
    I love the individually packed "Handful of Almonds". Makes it easy to take a pack along and you don't eat too many.
    I also love the artichoke pesto (fresh) and artichoke bruschetta (jar). I'm trying to think of healthy things but it's hard! They have great turkey jerky there, too. Many of their trail mixes are good too.
  • librarygirl
    Fage
    Cilantro and Chive Yogurt Dip, AMAZING
    Mini whole wheat pitas to dip in above dip
    Almond snack packs
    Ginger chews, my favorite candy in the world but not for wimps, lol
    Their dry cereals are awesome if you eat cereal, I use it as a garnish for yogurt sometimes
    Sunflower nut butter is SO yummy and low sodium, high protein

Oh, I didn't check the label yet but I bought the kids soy and flaxseed chips, to eat with salsa and they loved them!
    I just tried the c and c yogurt dip last night and I'm so glad I bought it. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Lime Fruit Flos (Lime juice popcicles) YUM!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.