Lots of negativity from partners

Options
Just wanted to break the cycle of all the posts I'm seeing on here about how a lot of people have unsupportive partners/other halves.

I'm pretty sure that I've got the best boyfriend in the world.

He's always really supportive of me, and my goals (not just health related). Not once has he said that he doesn't think I can achieve what I'm after, and he's ALWAYS willing to stand by my side, even if it means he has to suffer the hard days with me. If I am going to be eating clean and green, he doesn't complain &even helps me make the better choices. If I want to have some junk food, he'll support me and remind me how good I've been &enjoy some junk with me (without letting me go overboard).

I feel really lucky, but at the same time, sad for people who are stuck with people that don't support them on their journeys.

Hopefully there are some others with super supportive partners on here!!

Replies

• ChristieStearns
    ChristieStearns Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hear hear! My husband is VERY supportive of everything that I do. I can't imagine being okay in a relationship where that isn't there. But everyone's needs are different. I know I couldn't have had this much success without him by my side.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,031 Member
    Options
    I know! For Pete Sake, get out of the negative relationships, or at least put a stop to the negativity. Life is too short.
  • japatch
    japatch Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend is very supportive in my decision to lose the weight I want to lose. Being someone that has lost over 100 lbs himself he knows how hard it is. He is very encouraging and swears by the portion control method, as that is how he lost his weight and has kept it off.
  • munchkinhugs
    munchkinhugs Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I know! For Pete Sake, get out of the negative relationships, or at least put a stop to the negativity. Life is too short.

^this.

I mean, I totally get that there are some positives (or they wouldn't hang around, right?) -but kids, if the negatives start to outweigh the positives, it's time to up and leave their ungrateful butts. Just because you're comfortable being there, doesn't mean it's good for your health.

Unhealthy relationships can be just as toxic to someone's wellbeing as being over/under-weight is!

EDIT: PS. I'm glad there are at least a few others who have supportive loves in their lives, who post on here (: