"those clothes in the closet"

Options
So in an effort to find some shorts to wear i got down "the tub" that holds all my skinny clothes in it. So i tried on everything in it and to my surprise everything fits.... i have been carrying around these clothes since i got married and they really havent fit since then (five years and one child later). The problem....i hate all of them lol. Ive been wanting to get in these clothes for so long and now that they fit, i dont want to wear them LOL. Its like I almost feel guilty for throwing them out because this is what I've been trying to achieve for so long. But I took out the ones I would wear and packed up the others for goodwill. It was almost freeing in a sense. Now onto new goals of achieving a size 8. These are all size 14 and I used to feel so skinny at this weight, but now I just know I can do better. I just don't feel right in these clothes like I used to....anyways just had to vent.

Replies

• LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too. I had clothes saved from 9 years ago and found that once I could fit into them again I didnt like them. It's understandable, styles and tastes change. I was super proud of myself for being able to get into them again and then donated them to someone who could use them and then enjoyed a shopping spree for myself :)
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I can relate! The first time I bought size 10 jeans in a store and they FIT, I nearly hyperventilated with excitement! I kept checking out my butt in the mirror. LOL Now if a size 10 fits me I'm not happy about it. I kept some of my "skinny clothes" in that tub for years and years too. But then, when they fit and I did still like them, I realized I looked ridiculously out of style--they weren't so old that they could be retro and cool, just in that awkward in betweeen place.
  • wysiwyg295
    wysiwyg295 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The best feeling I had when I went to try on clothes in the store and I was down a size. I am having a blast buying new ones but I can't get too carried away because I have 30 pounds more to go to my goal.

Congrats on the accomplishment. I can think of worse things than clothes shopping :)

Linda
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have clothes from 20 years ago in my closet. I just want to be able to get back into them, I have no desire to keep them once they fit. (well except for my Levi jeans!)