Ladies what make and model of training shoes do you have?

Options
So I have had the same cross training shoes for some time now. I have big foot so I have trouble finding women's cross trainers I like. I have New Balance now. I am looking to get a new pair once I reach a goal as a treat. Would love to hear what you wear.

Replies

• RobbieKCPhT
    RobbieKCPhT Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Nothing but the best....Asics Gel Phoenix or Kayano!!! I've had 10 pairs in the past 5 years, and I wouldn't get another brand. :)
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i have 4 pair since my workouts are different

running : new balance acteva, asics duomax
    general : adidas f2011

im planning on getting a pair of those barefoot trainers for weight lifting
  • fitby38
    fitby38 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    reebok zigs
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    I got a running evaluation and the shoes that felt best from all the ones that I was given to try we're the Nike Zoom Vomero+ 5, size 10, wide. Those were the ones I ended up buying.

The second best pair I tried were Brooks Glycerin 9, size 10D.

I used to run in Asics but they ended up tearing up my feet, blisters, rubbing my feet totally raw in spots, etc. I did try some Asics after my evaluation but I could feel them on my feet. And, according to the folks at the run stores, anyplace you can already feel touching your feet will likely become rub/painful spots later. Basically you want to put the shoe on and not feel it touching your feet anywhere and not have any part of the shoe that you have to get used to.
  • annalee_1
    annalee_1 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • StrongGwen
    StrongGwen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Nike's foot shape and my foot are the perfect match. I am female but I get a man's size 6 or 6.5 due to the shape of my duck-foot shaped foot--wide at the toes and narrow at the heel. Nike Air was the first shoe I ever put on that felt exactly right immediately.
  • lequireb
    lequireb Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love brooks running tennis shoes.
  • twiggysavage
    Options
    Vibram Five-Fingers - Bikila. :)
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Vibram five - fingers... Sprint for the treadmill, classic for work, and I just ordered a pair of Speed for casual wear.
  • msunluckythirteen
    msunluckythirteen Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I appreciate it! I am going to do a little research into each of them and try some on.
  • aquasw16
    aquasw16 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Mizuno Wave Nexus
  • brittanyscherich
    brittanyscherich Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    well, i'm a 9 1/2, or a 10 wide width lol. i get my chubby feet from my great grandmother. I have Reebok SolarVibe. They're really cute and the most comfortable shoes I've ever had. They're the most I've ever spent on shoes- $79.99 but totally worth it!
  • TheMissingSock
    Options
    right now i have a pair of K-Swiss Tubes (running shoes because I walk alot) and they are actually men's shoes.
    I have a wider foot (and an aversion to pink) so I have better luck with men's sneakers.

Adidas also seems to do well for a wider foot. Let us know what you get!
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    New Balance (wide) and wouldn't buy any other. Sad they don't come in brighter colours :(
  • msunluckythirteen
    Options
    OMG! Love the responses! Thanks again for all the suggestions. I have to decide what goal to get these at. Trying all these different shoes on will definitely make me want to reach my goal sooner.
  • msunluckythirteen
    Options
    New Balance (wide) and wouldn't buy any other. Sad they don't come in brighter colours :(
    I was actually looking at some black with bright pink. I don't wear much colors in my clothes, but I love the bright pink.
  • menutrit
    menutrit Posts: 19
    Options
    Nike Free Run 2's - they're super comfortable and light. Great for cross training and feels like your barefoot! For running, I like Nike Lunarglides +2; super soft cushioning for comfort and support.
  • alltalk199
    alltalk199 Posts: 275
    Options
    I'm a fan of Asics running and cross trainers, absolutely no going back, best shoe that works for my big feet!
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    NIKE Free Fits, LOVE them!!
  • kjerstenkipp
    kjerstenkipp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I wear an 11 (gasp, I know)...I love the Brooks Adrenaline GTS. They are not cute at all but they do the trick for running.They are an excellent motion control shoe