Purpose of myfitnesspal adjusting my diet after 10 pounds?

Options
Do I need to allow this to happen? What is the need to make changes to my diet if the current one is working? Is there a page where I can have myfitnesspal adjust my diet if I say no to the initial offer?

Replies

• Booyah_Saki
    Booyah_Saki Posts: 10
    Options
    Do I need to allow this to happen? What is the need to make changes to my diet if the current one is working? Is there a page where I can have myfitnesspal adjust my diet if I say no to the initial offer?
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    As you lose weight, your body burns less calories meaning your BMR lowers. So it's just adjusting your caloric intake to match.
  • Booyah_Saki
    Booyah_Saki Posts: 10
    Options
    Okay, thanks. I seem to have double posted this topic. Oops.
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    I had said yes to mine, but it didn't change my calorie level, mine is still at 1200, so many it never goes under that ? I also burn with working out, anywhere between 300 and 600 calories a day depending on the workout for the day.. Hmmmmmm
    The last few days I have actually lost 1 lb a day and it's that time for me, so for me that's unheard of :)
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I had said yes to mine, but it didn't change my calorie level, mine is still at 1200, so many it never goes under that ? I also burn with working out, anywhere between 300 and 600 calories a day depending on the workout for the day.. Hmmmmmm
    The last few days I have actually lost 1 lb a day and it's that time for me, so for me that's unheard of :)

It should never go below 1200, as that's probably the lowest daily intake of calories before you really run the risk of slowing your metabolism.