Scale = Enemy

Options
13»

Replies

• Kassieisproud
    Options
    I weigh in every month or so i dont really have a set date or time i dont really think the number matters unless ive changed my patterns what really matters to me is how my reflection changes and i stare in the mirror quite a bit
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I had my husband hide the scale, because I was becoming so obsessed with it.

After one week of doing Jillian's Ripped in 30, I was excited to get on the scale, but devastated when it didn't move.

I am thinking about staying away from the scale for longer, and focusing on more positive things, like clothes fitting better, being stronger, etc.
  • tabulator32
    tabulator32 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Instead of weighing in, why don't you measure? :)

Then I would be mad at the tape measure, too!
  • here_I_go_again
    here_I_go_again Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    I have to force myself to only get on the scale once a week or I will go crazy with the up and down. I only want to weigh in every other week but I'm in a group so have to every Wednesday. What about you? How often do you weigh in?

Once per week, on Wednesdays. Sometimes I will check for progress during the week though.:smile:
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday morning but I don't take the scale seriously anymore because I reached my goal weight a month ago and my current fitness priorities have shifted.
  • crazytreelady
    crazytreelady Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself once when I started at the doctors.
    I will not weigh myself again until I look and feel how I want.
    If I happen to be above or below my gw, that's just fine as long as I'm happy with myself.
  • MooneyBear
    Options
    I don't weigh at all! I just get discouraged if the numbers don't reduce as much as I would hope. I feel better not knowing, and just by going with how my clothes feel. I don't really have a goal weight, my goal is to get back into my black skinny jeans! :) x
  • geezer99
    geezer99 Posts: 92
    Options
    My wife and I weigh once a week, on the other hand, our son who is slim and fit hits the gym every day and weighs every day. I asked if the fluctuations bothered him and he replied; "As long as I am between 162 and 168 I know I am OK." So, in part it depends on your attitude towards variation.
  • fypspirit
    fypspirit Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh I am at that point. I weigh every morning it's like a calling or something. If I don't I feel like not knowing it driving me crazy. I would like to only do it once a week too cause the ups and downs DO drive me crazy lol!!!
  • shoby68
    shoby68 Posts: 30
    Options
    I weight in once a day in the morning. It helps me keep on track, and keeps me focused on my long term goals. I have a scale that gives bf% and other info, which I look at once a week to see how the week has gone!
    The scale has been a great motivator (I have lost over 60 lbs before joining MFP)