fifty folks

fiftyandfit
fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
The BIG 50 is quickly approaching (October). I don't want to be fat, frumpy and fifty!! Want to be fit, fabulous and fifty!!! I tend to do well for the first couple of weeks and then give up on myself. Am hoping others are in the same rut and we'll support each other. To me, DIET is a 4 letter word!! This is a lifestyle change!
Looking forward to meeting new friends with the same goals!
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• fiftyandfit
    The BIG 50 is quickly approaching (October). I don't want to be fat, frumpy and fifty!! Want to be fit, fabulous and fifty!!! I tend to do well for the first couple of weeks and then give up on myself. Am hoping others are in the same rut and we'll support each other. To me, DIET is a 4 letter word!! This is a lifestyle change!
    Looking forward to meeting new friends with the same goals!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Diet is a four letter word but, that doesn't automatically associated it as a negative connotation. As proof, I can honestly say that I enjoy my diet. I can eat pretty much anything my heart desires and not gain any weight but, that's not because I have that special metabolism that everyone just loves to hate on those skinny people who can't gain weight even if they're trying...no, it's because I exercise 3 to 4 times a week - strenuously. But my diet, like you said yourself, is my lifestyle. It's the same thing, they are one and the same. So, modify your lifestyle and your diet will change and visa-versa.

Oh and by the way, I have almost 5 years on you.
  • shuttletat
    shuttletat Posts: 44
    :flowerforyou: Hi fifty! I'm with you! My slogan is 55 and Fit! I just turned 55 in April. I also tend to do well at the start, lose about 10 or 15 lbs, then get off track.:embarassed: I need to lose about 70 lbs. myself. I didn't put it on overnight and don't expect to lose it that fast either, but can use all the encouragement I can get to keep going in the right direction. I lost 15 lbs.:drinker: in Jan/Feb before I hit the skids and gained back about 3:ohwell: (not too bad). Now, 2 months later, I'm cracking down again. :smile: So count me in! I don't diet. I watch my portion sizes and (most importantly) get myself up and exercising in whatever way I can convince myself to move! Good luck to you! :drinker: :drinker: You can do it!:smile: You are definitely not alone!
  • taylorgirl
    taylorgirl Posts: 81
    I, like you, wanted to look fit and fabulous at "50!" The harder I tried the worst it got...so at 52 I was able to seek professional help (a trainer) who worked and taught me so much over this past year! Through total committment, a serious desire and really...really...really...really (starting to get the point) wanting too, I manage to lose over fifty pounds since May of 08! ! :happy: :happy: :happy: I have a little more to go...but more than anything it takes stick-to-it-ness to make it happen.

Only "U" can make it happen!
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 17,166 Member
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

There's a wonderful thread for 50+ women under "motivation and support" also a 40+ group

So if you're looking for people walking a similar path at a similar time in their lives, you might want to check those out :bigsmile:

I have had to get rid of my "big" clothes recently and buy some new ones and my husband told me how happy he was that I was out of those frumpy old lady clothes. today I actually bought a belt with three more holes so that I can get thinner and still wear it. I used to buy stuff with elastic waist so I could get heavier and still wear it.

Work hard at this and you'll be fabulous at 50 and 60 and forever.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use and everyone here is nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • fiftyandfit
    Thanks to all who responded!!! Looking forward to making this journey together!
    :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.