the new GREEN TEAM!!! Would like to invite any new members

Options
Hi all,
My name is Jacque and I have been with the green team since it started. We have dwindle in size and would like to invite anyone who wants to make a change in their life.
We have a great team and have seen each other thru good and bad times!!:smile:
We would like to make a fresh start so everyone can start at the same time. Oldies and Newbies who decided to join us if from other team can put their stats in signiture line from when they first started their personal journey.
I think if we can get every one to post starting weights on Friday, I will try to develope a table to use. I will do the list in ABC order and I will start the first week. After that I think it would be great if every week we go down the list and that person will give us our challage and keep the communication open for that week. Becuase lets face it there will be times where everyone will be busy. And if you can not do your week ask a friend to step in for you. That way there is always somebody there for anyone in need!!
So Welcome Everyone!!

Replies

• jacque509
    jacque509 Posts: 978
    Options
    Hi all,
    My name is Jacque and I have been with the green team since it started. We have dwindle in size and would like to invite anyone who wants to make a change in their life.
    We have a great team and have seen each other thru good and bad times!!:smile:
    We would like to make a fresh start so everyone can start at the same time. Oldies and Newbies who decided to join us if from other team can put their stats in signiture line from when they first started their personal journey.
    I think if we can get every one to post starting weights on Friday, I will try to develope a table to use. I will do the list in ABC order and I will start the first week. After that I think it would be great if every week we go down the list and that person will give us our challage and keep the communication open for that week. Becuase lets face it there will be times where everyone will be busy. And if you can not do your week ask a friend to step in for you. That way there is always somebody there for anyone in need!!
    So Welcome Everyone!!
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    What exactly does joining the team do for a person? What do we have to put into it?
  • jacque509
    Options
    It gives support, some place to vent or seek advice, We set up challenge for the week and try to give reconigtion when needed. We do a weekly weight in. It gives a person a sense of owership to their goals. So you can stop "I'll start on Monday". And for some of us new freinds. We only ask that everyone pitch in, Like on your week you come up with a challenge for the team and keep the convertation going on the tread for that week. This is to avoid only one person doing it all.
  • sfischer20
    sfischer20 Posts: 7
    Options
    How does one go about joining a team? I definitely am interested! Sue:smile:

203545.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • kitn621
    kitn621 Posts: 215
    Options
    I WANT TO JOIN! PLEASE JUST LET ME KNOW IF I NEED TO EMAIL YOU MY INFO. I AM EXCITED AND HOPE THIS WILL GIVE ME THAT EXTRA PUSH RIGHT NOW. THANKS!
  • MissVitaVonCherry
    MissVitaVonCherry Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I am very interested in joining as well. Let me know what I can do to join! I am very motivated!
    Thanks!
  • mschooley
    mschooley Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join..I am new to MFP so let me know what I need to do...Thanks
  • jacque509
    Options
    Welcome to the team! Just post your weight Friday morning and I will add you to the weight in. In the meantime feel free to make comments and get to know the people who are posting on this team
  • jacque509
    Options
    How does one go about joining a team? I definitely am interested! Sue:smile:

203545.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
    Welcome to the team! Just post your weight Friday morning and I will add you to the weight in. In the meantime feel free to make comments and get to know the people who are posting on this team
  • angiemcnett
    angiemcnett Posts: 429
    Options
    I am interested in joining the team also. Please tell me if I have to do anything special to join besides weigh in on Friday. I am not very comfortable with all the tools on this site. I may need help figuring how things work when it is my week. Unfortunately, my name is Angie so I may be near the beginning of the list if it goes my first names.
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd like to join, my name is Heidi and I have about 10 pounds to lose after losing 40 pounds last year. right at the moment i have a horrible headache, so i will post more later.
  • lose2cruise
    lose2cruise Posts: 107
    Options
    I'm interested also! Why the Green Team? Named after Tara from Biggest Loser?
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Glad to see our team is growing again, I miss the old mbrs but will look forward to the new ones.

Jac - are we still weighing in on Wednesdays?
  • azwildcatfan94
    azwildcatfan94 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I will post numbers on Friday.
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    Hi, I'm fairly new to MFP, I think this is a GREAT idea! You can count me in for sure!! Just let me know what I need to do.

Thanks!

GO GREEN!

~Toni D:flowerforyou:
  • jacque509
    Options
    Glad to see our team is growing again, I miss the old mbrs but will look forward to the new ones.

Jac - are we still weighing in on Wednesdays?
    I changed the day to Friday to weight in, so we can recruit new members. I to miss the oldies but no one have loged in for days, I am hoping they will come aboard so we can all share again along with oue new friends
  • ramb
    ramb Posts: 8
    Options
    I want to go green but I have no clue how to. I'm brand new here and I want to join a team and find some supportive friends.....just don't know how to do much of anything other than enter my food and exercise, and I'm pretty slow at that. MFP seems like a good thing!
  • deerfeets
    deerfeets Posts: 6
    Options
    I WOULD LIKE JOIN THIS TEAM. TELL WHAT I NEED TO DO TO JOIN.
  • jacque509
    Options
    Hey Greenies!! and anyone who wants to join!!
    Ok first weight in wil be Friday morning!! I hope to get a chart going so we can all see who on the Team. Thursday night I will start a new Thread that Reads New Green Team Week 1That way Who ever weights in first on Friday can post their numbers. Will have your numbers put into a chart and post as soon as I can. Work permitted.
    For the first challenge I am going to use one I done before only because its a hard one for me
    FOR WEEK ONE LET EVERYONE TRY TO GET IN 2-3 SERVING OF FRUIT A DAY, JUICE IS GOOD BUT A SERVING IS 1/2 CUP WITH JUICE.
    You can report daily, every other day or at the end of week. When week 2 comes we will have the first person on the list give the team a callenge and keep track for that week. YOU DO NOT need to make a table or graph just keep tab on computer or paper like I do and let us know how people are doing thru the week. So you have time to come up with something, It can be food, exercise, drinking water, or recording something everyday that might be useful. Please remember its all right if you can't do your week, just let us know on Friday so someone else can do it and maybe you can do on their week. We will work out the bugs as we go along. See everyone on Friday with weights. In the mean time get to know each other on the thread
  • sallydeb
    sallydeb Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I would like to join too!