Hi there - determined to do this!!

Options
Hi there - I have finally bitten the bullet (for the last time!) I will be 50 in 2 years time, gave myself the scare of my life by standing on the scales and seeing they had crept up to nearly 18 and a half stone (when did that happen?) and decided I really need to take control of my life and get rid of this weight for once and all.

I am going to start my diet at the beginning of the week, been looking through the posts on the forum and everyone seems so supportive. I am determined to do this, I have a fantastic friend who I will be dieting with and we will support each other as much as we can, but the forum will be a life saver for the times when you need the encouragement from other people as well.

I have decided to try the "weight to go" system for a start, which is a meal replacement with a proper meal in the evenings so that I can sit down with hubby - looks like I will be able to do it but we shall see how it goes.

We had a long chat about my health and finally he has promised to be supportive, he hasn't been in the past when i have tried to lose weight for whatever reason - but even he agrees that my health is suffering with me being this overweight, I have been diagnosed with asthma and I have been having a really hard time these last few weeks, being slimmer can only help with that, so finally he is onside which will make it so much easier and he won't be buying me cakes and sweets to scupper the diet.

so here's to the start of my new life, a new me!!! and being able to wear a pair of jean without a baggy jumper of the top to hide myself behind!!!

Replies

• BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hey there sweetheart welcome to MFP! And good luck on your journey MFP is one of the best resources Ive ever come across and you can do this I know you can! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want and we can support each other. But always remember you can do this x
  • sexyminxinthemaking
    sexyminxinthemaking Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp, ive found this site great for support even though i dont follow their eating guidelines im doing weight watchers old plan and seem to be losing steadily. ill send you a friend request to get your friend list started, goodluck in your journey :flowerforyou:
  • the_energy
    Options
    Welcome! This place has done wonders for me, hope you enjoy getting healthier =D
  • ToEKnee213
    ToEKnee213 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! Best of luck to you!