Student Support Team??

Options
Is there a student team. I know earlier there were teams for different people (like a 50+ team and a working moms team) i don't know if there still is any but I think it would be a good idea to start a team for students (of any age but geared toward college) I know we have many different things going on with jobs and school work and such so it's hard to keep track of weight loss. Also with social situations it's very hard to make healthy choices. Anyone wanna join up and help organize a new group?

*I'm not sure if there already is one but I haven't seen it yet. If there is a student group let me know.

Replies

• HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    Is there a student team. I know earlier there were teams for different people (like a 50+ team and a working moms team) i don't know if there still is any but I think it would be a good idea to start a team for students (of any age but geared toward college) I know we have many different things going on with jobs and school work and such so it's hard to keep track of weight loss. Also with social situations it's very hard to make healthy choices. Anyone wanna join up and help organize a new group?

*I'm not sure if there already is one but I haven't seen it yet. If there is a student group let me know.
  • justjenny89
    justjenny89 Posts: 40
    Options
    I'm game! :happy:
  • fanta014
    fanta014 Posts: 56
    Options
    Sounds good! I'm no longer a student myself, I'll graduate 30th May and then I will have a year off. However, I will probably apply to university in 2010 so.. you can as well count me in :wink:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My new term just started today! :grumble: :laugh:
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I'm definately in. I just finished college and will be starting Law School soon and this summer is really worrying me about my weight loss. You go out with friends and want to drink and have fun, but its so hard to balance that with weight loss. Especially when your friends can down MArgaritas and queso like nothing and still throw on a bikini no worries the next morning. Ugh- I love them but it gets frustrating being the only one at dinner going "Now can I get the sauce on the side, and is that cooked in butter if so can it not be. Oh and no cheese on that and can I sub a salad for the fries" and they're saying "Yes, I'll have a Bahama Mama and a Bacon Cheese Burger with extra ranch."

Lol yes- I am definately in need of a support group. Thanks for starting up :drinker:
  • Isioviel
    Isioviel Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm up for that! Went to the pub with friend last night for dinner, and even with picking a sandwich over a burger, asking for salad instead of chips, and drinking REALLY slowly so two drinks lasted me the whole evening, I still went waaaaay over my daily calories, and everyone else was eating all the bad stuff with no worries, is very frustrating! Ah well, they'll probs all starting putting on weight in a few years time when I'm settled into eating healthily without thinking, then they'll be sorry :p.
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    Sweet. I'm glad there's people who want to join. I'm not really good at starting teams or making challenge suggestions or whatever the other teams do. I guess we can do things our own way. Any suggestions about our new student team?
  • justjenny89
    Options
    we could rotate challenges, etc. each person could take a week and challenge themselves and the others to something. for instance, this week i'm trying to run a mile everyday. see if you guys can too. if you already run a mile everyday, add one, or if running's not your thing walk a mile everyday. next wednesday, we can post how we did and someone else can present a challenge. how does that sound?

and what about a name? something we can title our posts so we know what they are...
  • truedecember
    truedecember Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Ohh I'd love to join this too! I'm in the middle of finals... um hello temptation and stress galore! (Oh wait, that's all the time, not just finals!) Lol. A student group is a GREAT idea!
  • Isioviel
    Options
    The mile a day thing sounds good! I'll try and do it over my lunch break, will get me out of the lab for a while!
  • meg0112
    meg0112 Posts: 344
    Options
    I like it- so a mile a day this week. Good thing I ran today :laugh:
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    The mile a day thing sounds good for this week.
    How about we say our weeks start on monday. It's just easier that way.
    So the challenge for the week (until monday) is walk at least a mile a day.

Is that okay with everyone? =]
  • Isioviel
    Options
    Grrr it's THROWING it down! Has been all day and doesn't look like it's going to stop. Ah well, I managed my mile yesterday, will have to try two tomorrow!
  • justjenny89
    Options
    monday's good with me. :happy:
    i'll be ready for something new by then, definitely. yesterday's mile was super hard. i just couldn't find my motivation. :grumble:

who wants to do next week's challenge?
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I wanna play! :drinker: I start back to class on June 29th. Summer classes. :grumble:
  • jayem07
    jayem07 Posts: 17
    Options
    this is such a good idea! i'd love to join you guys!
  • Isioviel
    Options
    How about, every time you go up some stairs, walk back down again then back up. And the same for coming down them :). It's not much but will add up!