Twice daily dog walk...

Options
jonski1968
jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
Hi, this is a map of the walk i take twice a day. It seems much longer but its only 1.1 miles. It hasthe equivalant of 12 flights of stairs.

dogwalkcopy.jpg

Replies

• Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey John :) I just noticed... You've lost my entire body weight! Wow! Amazing acheivement! The walking route looks great - and '12flights of stairs' is awesome! I'm planning to take the Fitbit on my hiking circuit as soon as I get a chance... It's all up and down hill so it should be interesting. Just need to co-ordinate the time and weather... Too hot to do it in mid 30degree heat!
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    i bet you have a very happy dog!!!! :)
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Hey John :) I just noticed... You've lost my entire body weight! Wow! Amazing acheivement!

I hope not! it's lbs, not kgs :)

still a fantastic achievement though :)
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hey John :) I just noticed... You've lost my entire body weight! Wow! Amazing acheivement!

Bahahahahahahaha! :D Doh!M! Yep... I just saw the number and made the assumption it was kg... Feels stupid now! 'blushing'... :p
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    That's a huge walk Jonski! Amazing endurance.
  • dixielandsh
    dixielandsh Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Looks beautiful. Lucky dog!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options

Bahahahahahahaha! :D Doh!M! Yep... I just saw the number and made the assumption it was kg... Feels stupid now! 'blushing'... :p

that's not stupid :) but I'm very glad you dont weigh less than 5 stone!
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    This post thread just made me checked what I walk/run my border collie dog, 3k twice a day, Looks like you have a nice route there!
  • mzhokie
    mzhokie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    There are some days that if it wasn't for the dog I wouldn't even get outside. Over half of my daily steps are thanks to the dog! :)
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    it's always good to have a place to take the dog :smile:
    and yes, if it weren't for him, i'd be walking much less every day. but with summer i have to watch out that he doesn't overheat, so we cut back to several shorter walks, and maybe a longer one early in the morning and late at night.

i was looking at some of the fitness challenges, like walk 100 miles a month, or burn 2500 calories in a week. if i count walking my dog, then i am about 75% there already, with no extra effort... sheesh, and i don't log any of it :tongue: