The dreaded "water weight" Warning: Rant

Options
Ok ok. My hubby has been gone for eight weeks, and he was suppose to come home on Friday night. So the kids were gone (this never happens) so I went to the bar to have a drink and wait for him to get home. Well, that one drink turned into a ton of drinks and he didn't even get home untilmthe next day :(.

Anyway, I'm a daily scale user ( sorta like a scale junkie lol). And of course, my fun night has turned into a 1.8 pound gain. I know it's not a lot, and I'm not going to quit or give up over it but here's my issue:

Why on earth does it take me sooooo long to get that 1.8 pounds to frig off?! I see posts all the time about how "it'll come off in a few days" or "don't worry it's only water and will be gone in a day or two". Well, it's just not that way for me. I know because I'm a scale junkie lol. I've had it take up to ten whole days to get back to my "pre-drunk" weight haha. So it's very likely for me that this 1.8 pounds of "water" will stick around for nearly two weeks :(.

So what's the issue here? It can't just be water if it takes that long to get back to where I was right? Or are there some other people out there who experience this sorta long term "water gain"? I'm so frustrated!

End rant.

Replies

• mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    If your drinks were more than just water, ie: alcoholic, you are going to have to work your butt of for it. They are loaded with sugars.
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    If your drinks were more than just water, ie: alcoholic, you are going to have to work your butt of for it. They are loaded with sugars.

Lol. They were definitely alcoholic haha. I do work my butt off ( I lift 3 days a week and cardio usually 4-6 days a week), just wondering why some have a "bad" day and they're back to pre-bad day weight in 3-4 days and I don't get back to pre-bad day weight for ten to fourteen days. Or if there's some others out there who are like me, and "water weight" is pretty much the same as "regular weight" lol. Takes just as long to come off.