Peanut Butter and Jelly

2»

Replies

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    PB2 (regular): 2 tablespoon: 45 calories
    Smuckers (any variety) sugar free preserves: 10 calories a tablespoon
    Sara Lee delcious 45 calories bread: 1 piece 45 calories, 2 piece 90 calories

1 piece PB&J sandiwch: 100 calories
    2 piece PB&J sandwich: 145 calories
  • nikki778
    nikki778 Posts: 148 Member
    2gsjz0g.jpg
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    I use whole grain bread, 1tbs of natural PB, and whole fruit spread and sliced banana! It's about 450 calories, but they are filling caloires. A banana is one of the most filling of fruits. If you pair it with some carrots dipped in low fat ranch, we're taliking 500-550 calorie lunch. Not bad in my book!

When I only get 1200 calories a day to eat, over 500 on just lunch will never work. :(
  • ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    I do bananas instead of jelly.
  • I just had to say....You crack me up!!!!!!! ;):)
  • brk_1982
    brk_1982 Posts: 125 Member
    2gsjz0g.jpg

THIS is my kind of sushi! :laugh:
  • 94mcp
    94mcp Posts: 1
    Peter Pan whipped is 150 per tbs. I mix it with a tbs of grape jelly and eat one piece of bread.
  • I make homemade pb so i can control the salt and I add honey and cinnamon to make it sweeter (so good!)

For pbjs I use raspberry polaner which has like 30 calories a serving

And instead of bread I spread it on a whole wheat or brown rice tortilla and roll it up!!
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    I can get a good one in at around 300 calories with store brand wheat bread (2 slices for 110 cal total); 2 TBSP PB (190 cal) and 1 TBSP Grape Jam (60 cal). No special ingredients. Just store brand products.

Now I want a PB and J for dinner. Thanks!!!! :laugh:

It's a comfort food for me. So I feel like I'm really getting away with something.