Reebok Easytone?

Options
Hey :)

I'm trying to run on a regular basis now with help of the c25k programme :)
But I only have some old trainingshoes and my ankles are killing me every time I go for a run.

So I was thinking about buying some Reebok Easytone shoes, because I heard they were quite good.
But I'm not sure if they're good for joggers and so I wanted to ask you guys if you had any experience with those shoes.

I think they're really expensive, so it would be great if I know if they're worth the money :)

Replies

• SAC0O3
    SAC0O3 Posts: 95
    Options
    The commercial is pretty catchy too, they look like awesome shoes! :-)
    I don't have any experience, but I am curious to see what other posters have to say. Bump!
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of Reebok Easytone for wearing while I'm at work. They are kind of awkward and uncomfortable. The air cushions in the soles make my feet numb if I tie them too tight, but then my heel kept slipping out if they were looser. There is also a trim around the entire tongue of the shoe that is painful after a few hours, it actually leaves indentions in my foot. I can't wait to get them off on my drive home from work!!

Not worth it, in my book!

:)
  • NaeNaeJanae
    NaeNaeJanae Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be running, go to a running specialty store to get fitted for the right shoes. This will SAVE your feet! Kind of spendy, but worth every penny for a good pair of running shoes!!
  • javamonster
    javamonster Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    IMO, a big 'no!!!!!!!!' I bought a pair just for walking around because they seemed so comfy....I have a really bad ankle and I don't know how many times I've almost gone over on it with those shoes. Definitely would not want to be running in them. :wink:
  • lexie2005
    lexie2005 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I too bought a pair of them (I got them from isme.co.uk reduced to £29) & I only managed to wear them once before I sold them to a mate as they were so uncomfortable & made my feet go numb. I have started c25k & I have proper running trainers, I went to a local running shop & yes they were £65 in the sale but they are more comfortable than my slippers & I can walk for miles in them, I "run" in them & do both my zumba & bokwa classes in them.....
  • PlasticPsycho
    Options
    Okay thank you :D
    I'll look for some others instead then :)
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I have the Run Tones and I love them. They don't tone anything but they're extremely comfortable. You can get them very inexpensively at Ross or Marshall's.
  • elekelk
    elekelk Posts: 107
    Options
    Do you have the "run tome" ones or the "easy tone" I personally hated running in my easy tones because the things under the foot hurt when I ran and they are not made for running.
  • Bookers23
    Bookers23 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Something on the news last night about a big class action lawsuit regarding these shoes. Do not know the details but rebook is offering refunds to anybody who owns them. What I do know is that they are a horrible choice for running, just asking for an ankle injury.
  • joannes68
    joannes68 Posts: 12
    Options
    If you are going to be running, go to a running specialty store to get fitted for the right shoes. This will SAVE your feet! Kind of spendy, but worth every penny for a good pair of running shoes!!

My sister would agree to this also.. Invest the extra money if your going to be running..
  • theresak331
    theresak331 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    As some other posters have stated, the Easytones themselves are NOT made for running. I ruined my pair two days after I got them - it was a disaster! It looks like a specialty store is your best bet. Good luck! :smile:
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I have the Reebok Run Tone...and I don't mind them...
    the reason why your feet might be hurting is they're tied too tight...
    your feet swell when you exercise...I find mine hurt when I tie them too tight...
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I think your best bet will be to check out a store that specializes in running/running shoes (such as "The Running Room") in your area, if you have one. They'll get you to roll your pants up so they can see your feet, ankles, and calves, and have you run back and forth across the store a few times (or run on a treadmill) to help determine your running style. Then they'll bring out a bunch of shoes that they think will suit your running style, and you can try running around the store in the shoes. I went through about six pairs of shoes before I found the ones that made me smile like this: :happy: while running. I paid full price for the shoes, but it was worth it to have something that really fits my foot and my running gait.