I just joined and could use some help!

Options
2»

Replies

• Pizzagirl50
    Pizzagirl50 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your responses! This already feels 10 x's better than any Weight Watchers meeting I've ever sat through, lol!

I hear that! This is WAY better :smile: and it's free!
  • Altruista75
    Altruista75 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Welcome and remember to just take it one day at a time!
  • dancermom11
    dancermom11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You did the right thing by joining because it really helps to have online support.I tried weight watchers and while it was nice to have access to recipies and all I felt the site was a bit busy and hard to navigate.I find that mfp is much simpler plus it is free.You can still chat with other people who are going through the same thing you are and pass no judgement. My biggest tip is that you must have a consistent form of excercize.Don't focus so much on the weight in the beginniing so much as the inches you lose.Focus on your waist measurement going down.We tend to beat ourselves up on the scale.Build muscle. As we get into our 30's and up that is really key.You will find lots of good advise on here.I ,too, used to be thin and healthy.In fact I was a professional dancer for years.That is why it is hard to look back at those pics and you are so mad at yourself.So I know how you feel.But you are not alone!! You got this! You can do it and you are still really young.Good luck!Christine
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    Feel free to add. I'm 31 years old too and I've tried everything to lose weight. So far, MFP is the only one that is working just fine for me.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You will love it here & probably become addicted to it...I am that is for sure!! lol...Feel free to add me & we can help motivate each other....Best of luck on this journey!! YOU CAN DO IT!! :)

16043484.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • bstoetzer
    bstoetzer Posts: 96
    Options
    Welcome! I've been using MFP for about 3 months and have lost 15lbs. I feel it makes me more accountable for everything I eat and the support from my friends here is amazing. Anyone...feel free to add me. Good luck to all!!
  • lynn7298
    lynn7298 Posts: 18
    Options
    I am new as well! Just started about 3 days ago. This site is amazing and the support is simply astounding. You guys are right....this is so much more positive than a WW meeting. The last meeting I went to, the weight check lady scolded me in front of everyone for gaining .5 lb. I was so humiliated! I never went back. I have about 80 more lbs to go and so far have lost 5 (started watching what I was eating about 2 weeks ago, but just started logging) and I am going to do it this time! This site also has a great app for the android so I can log while I am on the go, AND quite possibly my favorite new toy....the bar code scanner....so I can log my food quicker!
  • bionicrooster
    bionicrooster Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I just turned 35 and went through a similar response as you did when NI saw pictures form my early to mid 20's :-)

However i am already down 26 pounds since I started in mid January so this place works!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Some advice. Get Jillian Michaels 30 day shred dvd ($9 Target or Walmarts) 20 min daily workout awesome. Lots of water and keep food diary. It is amazing to really see what you put in your mouth. It keeps you focused. Eat 5-6 meals daily 3 larger 2snacks
    keep veggies/salad stuff on hand. Talipia/tuna/salmon to throw in your salad to add some much needed protein.

Good luck
  • ricksnaustin
    ricksnaustin Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I relate. I was the heaviest I had ever been when I joined. You will find some greats tools and good people here. Add me as a friend if you like.
  • Dare2Believe
    Dare2Believe Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I agree, get a food scale, measuring cups, and log everything honestly. If you do that you will see results.
  • kimmireads
    kimmireads Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I joined last weekend. I LOVE this site! The support from people and the self-accountability are amazing. It is a wonderful tool. I agree with some of the others who have said get a food scale and measure things. We see such huge portions all the time that it skews what a normal portion really looks like. I also have made a habit of grabbing a smaller plate. When you have a large plate--you tend to want to fill that plate or if you try smaller portions your eyes send this message to your brain that says "What?!? That's it?!?

May your weight loss success start today! :flowerforyou:
  • bechtel1979
    Options
    REMEMBER TO TAKE PICTURES OF YOUR SELF ONE TIME PER MONTH. SET YOUR GOALS SHORT TERM. THROUGH AWAY ALL JUNK IN YOUR CUPBOARD INCLUDING SUGAR. SUGAR ALONE PUT ON WEIGHT FOR THE AVERAGE OF THIRTY POUNDS A YEAR. I USE TO BE 200 POUNDS, IM NOW 150. SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST. ILL MOTIVATE YOU AND BEFORE YOU KNOW IT , YOULL BE THAT 21 YEAR OLD BODY AGAIN. HAVE A FANTASTIC DAY.
  • carlie393
    carlie393 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just got my fitbit last week and love it.
  • TraceyRene
    Options
    Hi! I just joined about a week ago as well, even though I started my weight loss journey in Sept '11. This is such an easy site to navigate. I'm still learning my way around, but I love how user friendly they make everything.

Good luck!
  • Sophieliaa
    Options
    Hii!

I joined a year ago, but just didn't really do anything with my account. I've spent three years flucuating between 9 and 10 stone but a few days ago I weighed myself for the first time in months and I was 10 and a half stone (well, 10 stone 6 pounds). I was so shocked, and have decided to join up to mfp again in an effort to shed down to what I'd quite like to be.

Also, I have a time limit - in just over a month I'm attending the Vogue festival - so I don't want to feel like a dumpling next to everyone else!

I know there are people with more weight to lose than me, and people who started off weighing more - but I reckon we're all here for the same reason.. To lose those troublesome pounds, so it'd be nice to get to know people, no matter what their goals are :)

Of course feel free to add me, I'd love some fitness/diet buddies!

Soph xox