I hit a wall and I'm getting discouraged!

Options
I have been on a 1200 calorie diet and exercising 3 times a week for the last 7 weeks.. I've only lost 8 lbs and I can't go beyond that! I've been working so hard! Can any of you help? My BMR is just over 1700...is my calorie goal too low? I have 66 more lbs to go.. I can't stall now... HELP!

Replies

• rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey Kim,

Yes, I don't think you eat enough. If you were in a coma your body would need 1k calories to survive. Basically you are feed ing your body nothing! 200 calorie!? Try some whey protien for breakfast and even after you work out, and probably eat more like a total of 2k calories depending on how much you exercise/work. And drinl lots of water!

My wife was leary at first too. Now she's like "I can't believe it", "I'm soo happy, woohoohooo" and does a little dance.
  • rcramer7
    rcramer7 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to add. When I started to exercise I too had results and then nothing. I found out most was water and that my body was fighting it self for survival. It wasn't untill I ate and feed it what IT wanted before it feed ME what I wanted (fat loss). It was feeding off itself to survival and sucking me dry.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Please open diary for best results.
  • Kimbermcle9
    Kimbermcle9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thanks I really appreciate the encouragement.... I'm going to up my calories to 1400 and see how that goes. I know there have been times when I'd go to bed hungry but I wanted to stay under calorie goal so I drank more water. :( It'll be nice to have a little bit extra! :)