add me?

_snw_
_snw_ Posts: 1,298 Member
No. Don't. Really.

I just saw one of these threads last night in intro or somewhere - and they always seem to mystify me.

I'm picky with the ones I FR. They are usually peole i've seen around for awhile, enjoying their posts, etc and only then do I FR along with a little explanation of why i wanted the FR to begin with.

For accepting FRs, I'm of course less picky, because I may not "know" these people, but given a little message saying they's seen me before, yada yada, I will always give it a chance. And then within the next week, ~then~ the pickiness comes out and that's when I clean my list up.

What about you? How much do you think your friends list? (and yeah, i'm sure i'll get the "we should all love and care for one another puppydogs and rainbow, blah blah blah, but i'm on a computer all day everyday (i'm a software developer) so i tend to spend a bunch of time here and my feeds are full of pretty good online friends, so yes, ~i~ personally care about the substance.)

am in the majority or the minority on this topic?

Replies

• jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    I am a *kitten* when it comes to friend requests, I rarely ask to add anyone, but people usually add me, I like to think it's because I'm hot, but I know its cause they like to stare at my manboob cleavage.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Agreed.... I give them a week. No interaction ..... I CUT YOU! :wink: I like my friends to be somewhat like me. I also don't want to constantly worry about offending someone..... I do that enough on the boards apparently

Ps.... Wanna make a bet to see who friends you because of this ??:laugh:
  • _snw_

i'm betting no one. i'm too shy. and mean. and ugly. and beautiful. but really - none.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member

i'm betting no one. i'm too shy. and mean. and ugly. and beautiful. but really - none.

I'm also mean and beautiful. We should be friends. :drinker:
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    I'm quite selective with whom I FR and whom I accept. But I'm a total b*tch. I'm surprised all my friends haven't jumped ship already...
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    I'm quite selective with whom I FR and whom I accept. But I'm a total b*tch. I'm surprised all my friends haven't jumped ship already...

Your *****iness turns me on:devil:
  • Can't imagine you are to picky with 173 friends!
  • Qarol
    Can't imagine you are to picky with 173 friends!
    So what if she has 173. Do you know how many thousands of users are on this site? I have 144...if I accepted every.single.FR, I would have...well, I don't want to think about how many I would have. Probably a lot of ghost usernames whom I knew nothing about and just got a lot of wtg's and nice burns. It may take a bit more work keeping tabs with that many friends, but it can be done.

Just because she has what you would consider a lot of friends doesn't mean she ain't picky.
  • tbresina
    tbresina Posts: 558 Member
    Wow, I guess I have different thoughts on "friends". I would seriously never turn away someone for any reason, we are all in this together and my thoughts are the more the merrier and if they lose their way while they are one of my friends I would be there to help them get back on track, isn't that what this is all about?
  • Can't imagine you are to picky with 173 friends!
    So what if she has 173. Do you know how many thousands of users are on this site? I have 144...if I accepted every.single.FR, I would have...well, I don't want to think about how many I would have. Probably a lot of ghost usernames whom I knew nothing about and just got a lot of wtg's and nice burns. It may take a bit more work keeping tabs with that many friends, but it can be done.

Just because she has what you would consider a lot of friends doesn't mean she ain't picky.

Lol, why so srs? Easy there tiger
  • Qarol
    Lol, why so srs? Easy there tiger
    You say tiger, I say b*tch. Tomato, Tomahto.

:wink:
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    I guess I'm a little different. For me, those requests mean I have an opportunity to encourage someone else without expectation. I love encouraging and lifting others so for me if someone has the guts to ask me to friend them, I say YES, because I know I can help them on their way and their journey. Life is hard enough as it is. A new friend here and there makes it that much better.

Hope you are having a great day!
    Dominique
  • Lol, why so srs? Easy there tiger
    You say tiger, I say b*tch. Tomato, Tomahto.

:wink:

With my x-ray specs on, I can see you are really a soft lil kitteh!!! :tongue:
  • Wreak_Havoc
    Wreak_Havoc Posts: 597
    Love that attitude! Read both the posts and profile and not even going to insult you by "adding you" LOL

I've been here since Oct 11 and only pulled my head back to daylight in Feb after adding 10 more pounds. I have one friend and they asked to add me in the first week. We offer encouragement on milestones and setbacks, but pretty much leave each other alone otherwise. I'm putting this program through the ringer as unlike to 15-50 pounds most seem to need to loose, I have (had) 116. A whole person! So no one asks the "Fat *kitten*" as a friend and that's fine. This is for me. For those that need lots of friends, Good for you! And for those that don't, Good for you too!

Here's to a lighter you! Cheers!
  • _snw_
    Wow, I guess I have different thoughts on "friends". I would seriously never turn away someone for any reason, we are all in this together and my thoughts are the more the merrier and if they lose their way while they are one of my friends I would be there to help them get back on track, isn't that what this is all about?

and there it is. the puppydogs and rainbows i spoke of initially. (it never fails...)
  • _snw_
    Can't imagine you are to picky with 173 friends!

heh. go ahead and keep imaging that. ~wink~
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    initially I made quite a few fr's, but as my list grew I realized that I couldn't keep up with everyone. I don't really make friend requests anymore, but accept most of them as long as they send me a message and don't act like a creeper.
  • ccnjc4e
    ccnjc4e Posts: 142 Member
    I am a *kitten* when it comes to friend requests, I rarely ask to add anyone, but people usually add me, I like to think it's because I'm hot, but I know its cause they like to stare at my manboob cleavage.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I don't have a lot of friends..maybe 15. But that's okay. Most of them post interesting things and I help support whenever possible
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658

and there it is. the puppydogs and rainbows i spoke of initially. (it never fails...)

I'm at the other end of the spectrum. Tried the friend thing and found I do better without anyone saying "atta girl" etc. It all sounds um, superficial and distracting. I know my food diary is in order and I eat healthy. And I, on the other hand, expect a lot from myself and a lot from other people as well. I wouldn't be inclined to give praise for what I consider day to day obligations. I realize many people need daily praise and encouragement. I say more power to them; do what works for you. I just learned at an early age that my future and well being has to be, totally, my responsibility.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    You have other friends besides me? :angry: