Looking for a running belt

Options
I want to purchase something that's compact to hold my phone, id, cash/card and keys. I'm looking on Amazon, but there are so many running belts to choose from. Any suggestions? What are some of you using?

Replies

• rookmb
    rookmb Posts: 84
    Options
    I use a regular old "fanny pack" from WalMart. Adjustable waistband for when you start to lose inches and it holds everything I need.
    Good luck!!!
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Spibelt - double as a pouch to put stuff in and as a race belt if you get the little bungee tie thingies. You can get them at most running stores and probably on Amazon. They're usually about $20. I LOVE mine! spi = small personal item. :)
  • peppiee
    peppiee Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I second the spibelt.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    Here's what I just wrote in a similar thread. :)

On my long runs I wear a Nathan two bottle hydration belt. Each bottle is 10oz and it has a small pack area that has a Velcro pouch inside, a clip for keys and room enough for a phone, gels, whatever, and then another small Velcro pouch on the outer flap of the pouch.

If you get a belt, make sure you find the best place for it to fit your body well before your first run. Some people prefer them on their hips, others their waists. Some people like the water bottles in front, others in back. (personally I'm a waist/back person) But however you wear it, you want it to fit/sit right on your body. You don't want it bouncing, slipping, or twisting at all.

I'd recommend getting to a store to try some on since they fit differently. For me, the FuelBand belts never sat right and bounced a lot as I jogged in the store. But the Nathan fit perfectly. But my hubby prefers the FuelBand over the Nathan. So it's a personal preference that shopping online won't give you the chance to discover.

Even if you figure out which one you like in the store then order online if it's cheaper, I'd recommend trying them on first. Usually a good running store will have a good selection (as well as be a resource for replacement supplies) but a place like Sports Authority or similar will usually have a couple of brands and different styles of each brand. (two bottles, four bottles, single bottles, no bottles, water & gel bottles, etc)
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input! I actually need to find a Sports Authority that's nearby. I heard they usually have good prices too, and awesome clearance items. ;)
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I have a SPI belt - but honestly I don't think it's that great.
    It is too stretchy to comfortably hold my iPhone (it is too heavy and drags it down) and where there is stuff in it, I have to put it on "inside out" so the buckle is against my body instead of on the outside.
    Maybe I'm just picky but I don't think it's a winner.
  • Seraph1120
    Seraph1120 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a SPI belt - but honestly I don't think it's that great.
    It is too stretchy to comfortably hold my iPhone (it is too heavy and drags it down) and where there is stuff in it, I have to put it on "inside out" so the buckle is against my body instead of on the outside.
    Maybe I'm just picky but I don't think it's a winner.

That's what I was worried about when I looked up the SPI belt. That my phone would stretch it out and weigh it down too much. I was actually looking at the Runners World Run Lite Pack (but doesn't look like it'd really fit a phone) or the Nathan 5K Runner's Waist Pack. I'll definitely have to go try different ones out in person. I'm such a worrier about buying things online, even though it's (initially) convenient.