what to do if you hate water?

Options
I absolutely hate water! I hate the taste, I hate the non-taste, I hate the look...everything

I only like it when I am verrrry thirsty!! I also hate putting lemon in it! YUCK!!!

But i know that water is good for you. Any tips on what to do??

Replies

• shannoni_23
    Options
    well, I guess telling you to put lemon in it won't work lol. I like water, and when I do want a little flavor, I put lemon in it. So I guess I can't help.....sorry:ohwell:
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    If you don't worry about artificial sweeteners, get some Crystal Light or Mio. Or, if you don't mind unsweetened drinks, make a variety of herbal iced teas.

Just because you add some flavoring, doesn't make the water into 'not water'. :-)
  • tyrog11
    tyrog11 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    MIO!!! Its the best....zero everything and plenty of flavors to choose from. Just don't get the energy one as it has sugar.
  • dme1977
    dme1977 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    lemon AND a few packs of sweet n low OR truvia...make it into lemonade..
    or you could add crystal light mix to it... that only has 5 calories...
    or buy the flavored fizzy waters... they ahve ALL kinds of flavors at walmart.
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    have you tried getting the mio flavor? its 0 calories and you add it to your water. ive never tried it but i have a coworker who drinks it all the time.
  • zafferFL
    zafferFL Posts: 402
    Options
    suck it up? It's good for you, just chug it.
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I was gonna suggest lemon as well....try crystal light
  • KaydeeMehl
    Options
    how much is the MIO and where can I find it??????? its a great idea!!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Just because you add some flavoring, doesn't make the water into 'not water'. :-)
    This. If you don't like plain water, drink flavored water, or juice, or diet soda, or tea, or coffee, or whatever it is you enjoy drinking. If you pick something that has calories, be mindful of the calories. Otherwise, whatever you choose to drink will hydrate you just as well as drinking plain ol' boring water.
  • DaltonsMom910
    Options
    CRYSTAL LIGHT!! I also hate plain water unless I'm super thirsty.. & the only way I can drink as much as I do is because of Crystal light!! Only 10 calories! =)
  • _CiaoParis
    _CiaoParis Posts: 166
    Options
    How can you hate water? Never heard of that, but just drink it. Add lemons or cucumbers for flavor.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    When I hated water, I just drank it. I had only one non water drink per day. After a week or two, you start loving it. It is kinda like learning to eat your veggies as a child, you keep trying till you love it.
  • natalieg0307
    natalieg0307 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I don't like water either. I find it easier to drink it at room temperature than cold. I have a pitcher I keep on the kitchen counter instead of in the fridge.

Good luck.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    if you don't like lemon maybe try frozen rasberries or cranberries.
  • Dilfster
    Dilfster Posts: 434
    Options
    i used to hate it, now it's okay, but i always make sure to drink tons of it. i always drink it at room temperature. I tend to swig, not sip. lol.
  • anat0my
    anat0my Posts: 15
    Options
    I hate water, so add ice-cubes c: colder water is meant to help you lose calories, as your body has to use up energy to produce heat. I can't say if that's accurate, but ice cold water is so much easier to drink.

14648944.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • BabeedollB
    BabeedollB Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I have heard that too about cold water!! i absolutely LOVE water. I drink at least 64 ounces every day, most times, more than that!!
  • mozartsghost
    Options
    I swear by the Crystal Light fruit punch drink mixes. 5 calories a serving. You can get cheaper generic brands all over the place too. Helped me kick my soda addiction.
  • RebeccaNull
    Options
    I find that the only water that I can drink is distilled water. My parents had to buy it for me as a child because of the mineral taste of regular water and even spring water. Try distilled water. Wal-mart carries it pretty cheaply
  • haberdasher1980
    Options
    If you have acid reflux don't drink too much crystal light. Mio is the better choice. Or iced tea if you want something with caffiene.