What makes you want to eat even when not hungry

Options
Mine is BORDOM, sitting around doing nothing or nothing of too much importance, makes me think of eating constantly .. lol

Replies

• SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I ditto that. My hardest time of the day is when i get home from work, to an empty house, and turn on the TV. Yep i have the humdrums and have to fight hard not to give in. Been trying to do some spring cleaning to keep busy til it's time to cook supper.
  • monicamk1975
    monicamk1975 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    boredom and anxiety...mostly boredom
  • rCatheriner
    rCatheriner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Definitely! That's a HUGE issue for me. At work if there's no one checking in/no phone calls/nothing to do, I always feel so hungry...and of course we sell food in our market, which I end up eating. Trying to avoid the market...and if not, I try to snack on something healthy!...and drink lots of water. haha
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    when my daughter misbehaves! staying up too late (aka boredom)
  • JenaePavlak
    JenaePavlak Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    That's when you guys should be working out!! =)
  • proverbs2410
    proverbs2410 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Mine is definately being bored or being stressed.
  • psychopiglet
    psychopiglet Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    When I feel stressed or anxious. Boredom makes me want to work out.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Usually boredom is what does it for me too. I have been so stressed out and that completely kills my appetite, so lately, I have been having to force myself to eat. Nothing like stress for weight loss.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Stress. I'm an accountant and when month-end rolls around (I'm beginning to think it happens every 10 days), I want to eat everything I can get my hands on. If there is chocolate around, I'm eating it. Same thing with carbs. And fat. And salt.

I'm on phase 1, day 14 of the 17 day diet and not eating starchy/sugary/salty/processed foods for 2 weeks seems to have broken an addiction. I still want the chocolate/carbs/fat/salt but I'm not desperate anymore. I bring some dried green beans and a tiny square of dark chocolate to work and I'm placated, if not satisfied.

The biggest thing to ever help me is to ask myself "Am I actually hungry?" before eating anything. I lost 10 pounds without doing anything else. I've had to struggle with the next 9 and I have 15 to go. But the first 10 was easy.
  • repubgurl
    repubgurl Posts: 105
    Options
    Boredom is definitely the biggest one for me. Stress is another.
  • toraaaaa
    toraaaaa Posts: 5
    Options
    after a particularly horrible day at work. not all the time but there are just some days i'm so exhausted that sitting around eating toast is alot more appealing than going for a jog.
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Boredom, stress, anxiety..... That's why I tend to eat more in the evenings when bored and on weekends after a stressful week at work.....
  • mammaflo
    mammaflo Posts: 1
    Options
    boredom or stress
  • jsapninz
    jsapninz Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Boredum.
    Sadness.
    Being "polite."
  • kristarablue
    Options
    Stress, Anxiety, Bordome, happiness, sadness, excitement, ect...ect...ect....flippin EVERYTHING makes me want to eat when I am not hungry, tis a constant battle
  • trainlikekatniss
    Options
    definitely boredom and stressful situations (i'm having my school-leaving exams at the moment, that's a good example for STRESS).
    and i'm more likely to binge when i'm in a bad mood, sad, angry, whatever. but that doesn't happen often anymore, thank god :)
  • LatinaButterfly
    LatinaButterfly Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Food! LOL :)
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Stress, tiredness and boredom. Trying to stay awake on a night shift is a real struggle without giving in to the chocolate bars in the vending machine.
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bbjj1
    bbjj1 Posts: 3
    Options
    AT WORK FOR 48 HOURS