Anyone taken a break from logging?

Options
Has anyone taken a break from logging? How did it go?

Replies

• hollythehutt
    Options
    I tried to, when I had tonsillitis, but I panicked about weight gain and went back. So, not too well.
  • Skinny_Beans
    Skinny_Beans Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I wasn't able to log in for about a week recently, I stayed on track for the most part but I found myself wanting sugary cakes and stuff waaaay more when I didn't know how many cals I had in the day.
  • Megclark37
    Megclark37 Posts: 111
    Options
    I took my spring break off- honestly its been reeeally hard to get back into it. and i was OBSESSED with logging before and I really enjoyed doing it- but it's a lot harder than I thought it'd be to get back into the swing of things. good luck!!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Today is day 425 for me here on MFP. I've logged in everyday, but didn't log my food the week we went to Disney World this past summer. I just watched what I ate and the amounts (I shared a lot of food with my sons), and I actually ended up losing 3 pounds that week, probably due to all the walking around (11 hours each day).
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I've never taken off more than a couple of days... I'm too afraid of the back slide :(
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Nope, not since I started this Dec 31st......:)
  • KarenGee1978
    Options
    Yes I have taken a break from logging. I went off for about 2 1/2 months I still lost but it was a longer process because there were days where I didn't watch what I was eating and then those days were I did. The longest I logged off for was 2 1/2 months. I only lost 5 pounds but I was still happy with that. Anyone can loose weight and I think once your body gets trained on a certain calorie based diet it knows when it is full or if you have gone over your limit. Good Luck and dont feel bad if you stop logging for a while if you feel your over doing it log back in. :happy:
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Not in 5 months. I am not responsible to do this on my own, and even now I'm pregnant I am still logging, so I don't gain too much weight.
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    About one day out of every two weeks, I do not log.

Today is my "not logging" day.

It's just a day off. I don't really eat differently, I still do active stuff, I just take off a day from logging.

I plan it in advance, it is one day, then I go back to logging. Keeps me sane.
  • LindseyDD
    LindseyDD Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    After I was at a plateau for several months, I took several months off and I didn't gain or lose, I think I mentally needed it and now that I am back to tracking I still have not lost so I guess it worked for me!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I have not taken a break from logging in over 400 days. It's so second nature now! That said, I have taken breaks from exercise to heal from injuries/sickness as well as I am currently taking a break from a calorie deficit by eating at maintenance for a week or so :) I feel like I might eventually be able to live without logging, but I really like the accountability!
  • allison0820
    allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I always take a break on the weekends... I shouldn't though.. :"(
  • lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I'm an unrealistic eater, so I need to log to fully "own" what I put in my mouth. By unrealistic I mean:
    1. I totally overestimate portion size
    2. I have a tendency to graze far, far too much!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I take breaks whenever I go visit my boyfriend. I hate trying to guess calories in food when there's no barcode to scan or the restaurant isn't a chain, meaning no nutrition facts online.

I refuse to stress myself over calorie counting.
  • AlexPflug
    AlexPflug Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have taken a few cheat days when I stop logging that day, but when my friend visited I didn't log that weekend. I wouldn't recommend it. It was so hard to get back into logging regularly, even though I was so adamant about it before.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I've tried it...failed. In the past before using MFP I tried keeping a journal, but it wasn't as exact as MFP. This site is the ONLY thing that keeps me from going back to how I used to be.
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    Pretty much every Saturday and Sunday - and just dandy :)
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    No way. Can't think about not logging. Keeps me honest about what I eat. It is good for me to know how many calories I have left to play with.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Well I haven't yet, we'll see though when I reach maintenance, I'm not sure how long after that I will keep going, by then the eating habits will be pretty entrenched since I'm creating patterns for each meal, now if I was going to go off the rails for a weekend or event I would log so I could see what happened, lol.
  • Schmarrn
    Schmarrn Posts: 22
    Options
    i used to have a very hectic job where i barely logged what i ate, but i always tried to support my friends as much as i could; now i have a different situation and i do try logging everything i eat but im not consistent. i go to "quiet" periods where ill check what my friends are doing but that's about it.