Caitie1986 Posts: 72 Member
Try this at home:
1 can crescent rolls
1 large green apple, sliced into 1/8ths
16 slices oscar meyer deli thin smoked turkey breast
1/4 cup shredded cheese
a smattering of poppy seeds
a few sprigs of parsley

Lay out the crescent rolls on a baking sheet and sprinkle them with poppy seeds and a little parsley. Next, press a little cheese into each triangle of dough. Place two slices of turkey and 1/8th of an apple on the fat end of the triangle and roll it up. Back 13 minutes at 375. OMG DELICIOUS! I ate three at lunch...

Replies

• kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    How many calories in each one?
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Those sound yummy!!!
    I think I'd change the cheddar to something white...maybe brie :)
    what are the nutritional facts on these babies???
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    oh wow, that was not what I was expecting when I opened this up! sounds really good!
  • kappyblu
    kappyblu Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    It sounds great! Just a word of caution if you are using the Pillsbury crescent rolls. A LOT of their products have a good deal of trans fats in them. :(
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    ohh yummy. Those are probably less than 200 cals each depending on what products you use. A regular crescent roll is around 100 cals. The reduced fat kind is about 70. depending on how much cheese you use, you could make some pretty low calorie yummy tasting snacks.
    These would be good to make with kiddos, too! I know mine would love it.
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Already entered into my recipes. I used swiss cheese and only half the meat to save some sodium. I came up with 141 calories, 6 g fat, 16g carbs, 6g protein, 6g sugar and 450g sodium. Not too bad, will have to try these. Thanks for the recipe.

I used the low fat Pillsbury crescent rolls, 0 trans fat. I'm sure you could use Laughing Cow cheese for different flavors as well.
  • MarCarCas
    MarCarCas Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump!