The fitbit yay or nay

I have been thinking about getting the fitbit for a while ..i just wanted to know what are the good things about it and the bad things about it...

Replies

• Jen873
    Jen873 Posts: 7
    I LOVE mine! Besides keeping track of your steps, you can see on the website exactly how active you were throughout the day. The only downside I have is you have to be careful as it is small and easy to lose..otherwise as long as you keep track of it I have no other complaints. Plus it is nice to link with MFP.
  • nikkiej2012
    nikkiej2012 Posts: 236 Member
    thanks Jen..i know i saw the size of it and it does look small ..i would be freaking out if i lost it(well if i had one)
  • bush_woman187
    bush_woman187 Posts: 25 Member
    i love my fitbit. i've had it for over a month. I have bought a million pedometers, and they were all too clunky. With the fitbit I just attach it to my bra and I find it to be pretty accurate and very comfortable. I would highly reccomend getting one if you like the pedometer features along with a litlte more data. I am a data junkie so i love reports and such. i use the reports and i paid the extra membership for the training for $50 per year, but i just added that feature. you can easily go without that feature, but i find it worth the $50 per year thus far. I am very sedentary due to my office job so it does help motivate me to get up and move around a little more.
  • bush_woman187
    i have forgotten it on my bra before but luckily have not washed it yet! :-) The biggest problem is remebering to put it on sometimes. :-)
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    I mostly love mine! I do occasionally have problems with syncing to MFP though. It's oddly addicting. I've forgotten to put it on in the morning before and that made me sad! :cry:
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    I am loving my fitbit I have had it for a week and a half and I totally am loving it. Great choice for me.
  • suaku
    suaku Posts: 45
    Nay for me -- a lot of my exercise involves walking on a treadmill on an incline and the Fitbit doesn't do inclines.
  • Shaysuki926
    Shaysuki926 Posts: 34 Member
    I love mine! I get so excited when my step count gets way up there...makes me want to move even more to get those numbers up!!! I clip mine on the wristband it comes with most of the time so I always know it's there and when it isn't there, it is clipped onto my pocket. :) Good luck!
  • nikkiej2012
    @ bush_woman187 thanks for the info ..i didnt know about the $ 50.00 per year( for extra support)
    thanks every one ....but that suck with the incline :(

ALSO does any1 really sleep with there fitbit??
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    I have been thinking about one for awhile now and was not sure if I should get it or not. I did not know the money for the extra support either.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Bump
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,490 Member
    Only bad thing about the fitbit is...IT`S BLOODY ADDICTIVE..
  • bush_woman187
    i have only used the sleep feature once. i keep forgetting to put it on at night...lol
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,490 Member
    @ bush_woman187 thanks for the info ..i didnt know about the $ 50.00 per year( for extra support)
    thanks every one ....but that suck with the incline :(

ALSO does any1 really sleep with there fitbit??

Yepp...she comes with me everywhere...
  • jonski is right - it's totally addictive!
    i've had mine since the beginning of February and it crapped out. I contacted support and they sent me a replacement for free. i went about 5 days total without it and i felt naked!
    personally, i don't think the extra training is necessary either. For me, the fitbit seems to motivate you to be active in general. yes you get extra "credit" for workouts and such, but it also measures your fitness and activity throughout the day.
    vaccuuming is a pain, but i get active points for it!
    :)
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    My FitBit is nice, but I've become obsessed with it. I can't go anywhere without it on. If I leave in my car and notice I forgot it at the house I turn around and go back. Talk about a waste of gas lol.

I lost the thing countless number of times, but luckily it was either in my car or in my driveway.

It's a pedometer with extra features. Don't expect it to give accurate counts when doing things that don't involve moving your feet in a walking motion.
  • michelledusik
    michelledusik Posts: 63 Member
    I love my fitbit. I am also addicted to it. I sleep with mine on and it's really cool to see my sleep patterns. I recommend getting one.
    :)
  • lucyford22
    lucyford22 Posts: 198 Member
    I love mine but lately the docking station is causing my mac to crash. I'm waiting to hear from their support team on how to fix the matter. From what I can tell it seems to be a common problem.
  • nikkiej2012
    that's good that you found your fitbit...i have a cheap pedometer that i got @ Mcdonalds years ago lol..but i need to upgrade ..

i have another question i know you said "walking" steps but will it do running to because its like walking but faster....??????????
  • gspea
    gspea Posts: 412 Member
    Love mine. I thougth I was more active at home than I am. I was actually shocked by what I saw. So it has helped me to get up from my desk and move. When at the office - different story - with walkign to meetings, kitchen (clear on the other side of the BIG building) I can get more activiy. I really like it and feel it was worth the money.