how to get rid of the sweet craving after a few weeks

Options
I'm haing trouble getting the sweet craving just the other day i wanted a ding dong but didnt do it but i crave the sweets now and i havent had any in a few weeks what should i do if i fail if i get that craving again

Replies

• divacat80
    divacat80 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I dont know what a ding dong is, but you can still eat it if you do it in moderation. My nutritionist told me to choose one day of the week to eat something i truly like. It can be a snack or a main meal. If it's an industrial-made snack pay attention to the serving size and don't eat more than that.
    If you need to lose a lot of weight and don't eat something you love every once in a while you'll feel the cravings will get worse and worse and one day you'll give up

Right now i'm in a plateau stage, but usually i eat two snacks i truly love twice a week. and then on sundays i eat pasta for lunch,with pesto sauce (=lots of calories). It makes me so happy that i keep on dieting knowing that the following sunday i'll eat my favorite food in the world again :)
    I hope it helps!
  • femmi1120
    femmi1120 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Depending on what you're craving you can always make a lower calorie version. I saw one person said that when they crave cheesecake they make a modified version with a graham cracker, cottage cheese, splenda and fresh sliced strawberries. Otherwise, eat a smaller quantity of the real thing. Hope that helps!
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to lose the craving? Ive reached my goal weight, but still eat about 4 choc bars a week. i just work them into my calorie allowance. I always think nothing should be denied, just moderation.
  • ReneeOfTheFae
    Options
    I like to make homemade kettle corn. It's low in cals, fills you up quick, can be as natural as you want and you can control how much sweetness you get. Super yummy and totally works! *^_^* Just remember to floss afterwards. *~_^*
  • grassette
    grassette Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    If you want to eat something sweet, I find that dried dates and figs are sweet enough, but they also contain so much fibre that the total calories are low. Two are enough for a snack.

I also microwave a sliced apple mix in 1 tsp of peanut butter. Sweet and delicious!

Also sweet is peanut butter on a very fresh whole wheat pita wrapped around a banana. This one is good enough for a meal!

I am not keen on eating chocolate right now, because even though I eat only a small piece, it gets my cravings going. Once I put them to sleep (and it's a struggle), it's better to leave them alone.

I just looked up what a Ding Dong was. Dear, go Gourmet. Educate your palate. There are things so much more delicious and less processed than that. Go buy a single Godiva chocolate, for example. And take your time enjoying it. Find a great chocolaterie and taste. You need never eat another Ding Dong again.

But you have to decide what is right for you. And make sure that whatever it is, you won't have enough around for seconds, especially Ding Dongs.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    http://mamasweeds.com/2009/06/28/i-will-never-make-banana-bread-again/

Of course, it depends on your cravings and assumes you like bananas. Mine's usually for something ice cream related. Sometimes I add a bit of cocoa powder or if I have calories to spare, I whip in a nut butter. But you can play around...Seriously, it tastes like banana ice cream.
  • Kassieisproud
    Options
    I used to eat TONS of candy im so addicted to sugar but ive learned to love other healthier forms of sugar now like fruits and things that are suagr free
    Also a quick sugar craving fix could be a teaspoon of honey or condensed milk with out with out fruit
  • wurgin
    wurgin Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    i say eat it, log itr - excersize it away
  • Skeebee
    Skeebee Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to lose the craving? Ive reached my goal weight, but still eat about 4 choc bars a week. i just work them into my calorie allowance. I always think nothing should be denied, just moderation.

^^^This OR find an alternative. My favorite thing to do that usually ends up curbing my cravings is trying to create a healthy recipe for my favorite foods.
  • ArtGeek22
    ArtGeek22 Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    1 Cup sliced strawberries with a little sprinkle of sugar.

It fixes me right up! :happy:

Keep Calm and Carry On,
    Anna
  • DzzyButterfly
    DzzyButterfly Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have been feeding my cravings and being "smart" about feeding the craving. I pay attention to the serving size and I make sure to enjoy each and every bite. I have found over the past three months, my cravings are going away because of how I treat them when I get them. It isn't such a "taboo" to crave something to me anymore. I eat everything in moderation and feel completely satisfied.