Hello from Ohio

Options
Hi, my name is Liz, and I'm fat! LOL Got that out of the way. According to weight recommendations, I need to lose at least 55 lbs. I'm aiming for a loss of 40. I'm 5'9" and carry my excess weight pretty proportionately, so even though I'm considered morbidly obese, I don't think I look it. I don't look petite by any stretch of the imagination, but people are always shocked when they find out what I weigh.

Anyway, I'm here. It's time. I've done Weight Watchers before and did really well, but just have had trouble getting back into it. So now I'm going to the old standby - burn more calories than I ingest. If I lose 1 lb a week I'll be thrilled. Slow and steady is the name of the game for me.

I'm all about getting and receiving motivation, so feel free to friend me. :-)

Replies

• carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Greetings! I was born and raised in Ohio but currently stuck in Kentucky. Congrats on making the first steps to a new life!
  • FormerTurboKicker
    Options
    Hey gals.I just joined about a week ago.I love this site n the support of losin weight.Congrats n I would love 2 b friend with ya'll.Yes,I'm southern.Lol.I live n Tenn n have a pot belly pig n a jack russell.I love all animals,but have a special passion 4 pitts.I recently rescued a momma n her 6 babies n got em back 2 healthy.All were adopted out 2 responsible people.Anyway,would love 2 meet ya'll.Have a wonderful day.
  • carrietehbear
    carrietehbear Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I would love to have a pitt! or another rott! But my cat wouldn't tolerate it!
  • travelbypaige
    travelbypaige Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello Ohio!!! Welcome from a displaced Ohioian, formerly from the Dayton Area now in wonderful Nashville, TN!! Sending you a friend request!
  • caracollins82
    Options
    Hello all!! I am from Ontario, Canada! Joined this site 2 days ago, I have a few friends who rave about it! So far, it seems awesome!! I do go to WW, have lost 31.2lbs so far, but still have along way to go! I am a mother to 4 wonderful kidlets, married 8 1/2yrs and work part-time! Would love more friends on here, can never get too much support :):) Feel free to add me & good luck to everyone!! :happy:
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    O-H-I-O!

I lived in Cleveland for 18 years before we left last March. I miss it terribly! But I do love where I am now. Welcome to MFP - I am a former WW as well and I find that there is something about getting on a FREE website that actually has MORE information for food available than any I have ever seen... it's amazing. Good luck on your journey - you've already made the first step and we all know that's the hardest part! :)
  • NicholeRobb
    NicholeRobb Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am from Ohio as well. Born here, but not raised here. But when I turned 19 I found my life had done a complete 360 & now I am back to the town I was born lol. I joined this site 2wks ago upon recommendations by a friend of mine & so far it ha been the best experience of my journey. I started at 260 lbs (I'm 5'4) & am aiming to get down to 140, so my journey will be a long one. But since starting I've lost 4 lbs and nearly 12in! Yaaay! The ppl here are very supportive & there is plenty of inspiration to be found. I am always reading through forums & such. I LOVE it! Feel free to add me if u like! :)