Dinner Ideas?

Options
candycaneps
candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
What are some of your favorite dinner meals? If I manage to eat well during the day, dinner is where I stumble and fall.

Replies

• candycaneps
    candycaneps Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    What are some of your favorite dinner meals? If I manage to eat well during the day, dinner is where I stumble and fall.
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    ughhh me too! tonight i made "unstuffed cabbage" i'm not sure how you feel about cabbage but here is the recipe!

about 1 lb. ground sirloin
    1 - 6 oz can tomato paste
    1 - 15 ounce can tomato sauce
    1 cup uncooked brown rice
    2 cups water
    1/2 of an onion, chopped
    1/2 of a small cabbage, chopped
    salt, pepper, and other seasonings to taste
    i used garlic salt, chili power, onion powder, and black pepper

you can also add corn, green bell pepper, or anything else you might like!

brown the ground sirloin with the onion, then drain. combine all ingredients into large pot and bring to a boil. turn heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes or until cabbage is tender.

i loved this! i added the recipe here and it's around 177 calories for 1 serving (search unstuffed cabbage.. it's Emily's - Unstuffed Cabbage) ... had it with a piece of multigrain bread and a salad with light italian dressing and my meal was about 362 calories!
  • aymie24
    aymie24 Posts: 227
    Options
    I buy blue hake loins from Schwans, 80 calories a serving and they are so mild, you can season them however you'd like. I pair the fish with frozen veggies and dinner is ready in under 30 minutes.

Black bean and cheese quesedillas made with whole wheat tortillas and served with shredded lettuce and chopped tomato take 15 mintues.

I also do A LOT of freezer or once a month cooking meals. Otherwise, I totally screw up at the end of the day, lol.
    9726172000 Posts: 428
    Options
    Well this is where planning out your dinners comes in. I usually plan my dinner the night before. Chicken & ham with hard boiled egg chef salad with a small bowl of soup.
    15 bean soup with a good spicy cut up sausage.
    beans with ham,
    breakfast for dinner,
    salmon with rice and vege's with a salad.
    Open faced Roast beef sandwich with a side of sliced tomatoes and cottage cheese mixed with fresh fruit.
    Seafood gumbo with a small salad
    Spagetti with a salad and garlic bread
    Grilled cheese sandwich with a bowl of soup
    Crock pot chicken with potatoes & carrots with salad
    beef stew
    taco salad
    burritos
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Whole bunch of veggies steamed over the stove with some chicken and ginger sesame dressing kraft light (just a little). Put on top of Brown rice YUMMY and sooo Healthy. Can even do a baked or Sweet potato with a dab of butter and sprinkle of brown sugar. So Good and filling:) You will not feel deprived

Alisha:happy:
  • lalaaston
    lalaaston Posts: 5
    Options
    I love to use the recipe.com site for healthy and new ideas. Remember its Ok to let yourself have a different meal now and again off of our plan. You're working so hard that you deserve it.